Burpees + Deadlift
Every 4 Minutes for 5 total sets:
8 Burpees + 8 Deadlifts
Perform the Burpees as fast as you can and work up to a max set of 8 Touch-and-Go Deadlifts. Maintain a neutral spine. The idea is to get a sense of how much weight you can handle for reps under duress. Aim to start at about 50% and go up from there as appropriate.
Post loads to comments.
15-12-9 For Time:
Calories on the Erg
Try to go unbroken on the Thrusters and get right to your first stroke on the Erg each round. This should be fast and a bit painful.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Video of the Week: Check out Coach David doing Open Workout 16.2!
- Schedule Changes: Tomorrow’s 7:30pm Active Recovery class and Saturday’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class are cancelled. Jaclyn K.‘s Thursday morning Yoga classes are cancelled for all of March.
- CFSBKer Janet U. produced an awesome video about Iron Maidens for Salon. Watch it! You won’t be disappointed.
CFSBK Open Intramural Team Rankings: Week 2
There was high drama heading into Open Workout 16.2. Would Blue Steel team captain Andrew Shay‘s trash talking get his team in trouble? Would he follow through on his threat to lure other teams into the shoe closet and beat them with Thera Canes and PVCs? The answer turned out to be no to both, as Blue Steel turned in a stronger performance this week and no shoe-closet beatings had occured at the time this column was filed.
But the real winners this week were The Little Lebowski Urban Achievers (Mr. Lebowski’s children, so to speak), who edged out last week’s winners Your Pace or Mine? for this week’s top spot with a score of 21 points. Heading into the midpoint of the competition, Your Pace or Mine? is holding onto first place by just 1 point.
Current Ranking – Team – Overall Average (Week 2 Points)
1. Your Pace or Mine?: 22 (22)
2. The Little Lebowski Urban Achievers: 23 (21)
3. All Castro Oiled Up: 28 (27)
4. Sore Winners: 30 (31)
5. Blue Steel: 28 (32)
6. It’s My Open and I’ll WOD If I Want To: 40 (49)