- Team Captains: Don’t forget to submit your Open Intramural Competition team score to the spreadsheet by 12pm today.
Recent Accomplishments By CFSBK Members
We love the crew of brainiacs and all-round talented people who help make the gym a special place. Here are just a few recent news items about CFSBKers:
- Resident gymnast Coach Ken took 2nd place in the Masters Division at the annual Feats of Strength bouldering competition. Way to go, Ken!
- Former CFSBK blog Managing Editor Kate Reece has been writing for Reebok.com lately. When we last checked in with her, she had published a piece entitled On Honoring the Body with Constance Tillett. Here are her newer posts on Training in the Winter (featuring Captain Osorio) and What Makes Being a Dancer So Tough.
- One of our resident philosophers, Samir Chopra, recently published reviews in the Los Angeles Review of Books and Jacobin.
- We’d be remiss not to recognize all of our lifters who placed in the top 3 of their weight classes at Iron Maidens: Nicole A., Coach KHarpz, Kayleigh R., Serene K., Stella Z., Morit S., and Charlie N., who not only placed 1st in her class but also ended the day tied for the top Wilks Score of the competition!
Got something of note going on in your life? Let us know! We want to hear about your promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns, and small government coup d’états, or you can just share interesting links. We also always love hearing about any CrossFit/athletic-related goals and accomplishments. Send awesomeness to Josh [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn [dot] com.
Wondering how you stacked up against your fellow CFSBKers in 16.2? Well, here are a whole bunch of leaderboards:
- Overall Leaderboard
- Men’s Leaderboard
- Women’s Leaderboard
- Men’s Masters Leaderboard (40-44)
- Women’s Masters Leaderboard (40-44)
- Men’s Masters Leaderboard (45+)
- Women’s Masters Leaderboard (45+)
(NOTE: There are technically a few divisions between 45 and 60; however, in the latter two, we only had a couple of competitors in each division. We combined everyone 45+ to make it easier to view.)
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Rack Jerk | Kettlebell Swings, Box Jumps
This Is Why You’re Terrible With Names NYMag
The Whole Field of Psychology Research on Willpower May Be Bunk Slate
Bar Muscle-Up Progression WODprep