This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Movie night returns tonight after Open Gym! From 8 to 10:30pm, we’ll be showing Fittest on Earth 2015, a behind-the-scenes documentary about last year’s CrossFit Games, on the big screen. Come watch it with your fellow CFSBKers and other CrossFitters from local affiliates. Go to the event page for more details.
2. In our second-to-last installment of “The Iron Maidens of CFSBK,” we profiled Colleen M. Oh, and we totally shattered our $20,000 fundraising goal. Thank you all for your generous donations, which will send 10 women off to college! If you haven’t donated yet, there’s still plenty of time. Go here to donate to a lifter’s campaign.
3. Looking for a spring powerlifting meet? Look no further than the Starting Strength Challenge at CrossFit Gantry.
4. The CFSBK Open Intramural Competition is underway! A ridiculous proportion of members registered for the Open also signed up for the Intramural Compeition, and we couldn’t be more excited! Go here for team info and competition guidelines.
5. Come watch our Starting Strength program Total on Sunday! Coaches Jeremy and Margie’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1 rep maxes in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
6. CrossFit Open Workout 16.1 was annouced last night and is programmed for Saturday (which means today is your first opportunity to do it). Go here for more info!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Power Clean and Jerk | Power Clean, Shoulder-to-Overhead; Toes-to-Bar, Burpees
What Google Learned from Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team NY Times
The 73-Year-Old Adventurer Sailing a 60-Foot Steel Whale Across the Atlantic Vice