Flashback Friday: On March 13th, 2013, CFSBK hosted Lindsey Valenzuela and Annie Thorisdottir for the live annoucement of Open Workout 13.2. Hear that excitment in the crowd? See the camaraderie between the competitors? That’s what the Open is all about, and that’s why we want you to register! It just so happens that 13.2 is programmed for tomorrow. So come give it a try, relive the glory, and see what all the fuss is about!
- SCHEDULE CHANGE: Tomorrow’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class with Coach Whit is cancelled.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
Because we love you and we don’t want you to miss any of the awesome stuff that’s happening at the gym right now, here’s your weekly recap.
1. Our new programming cycle started this week, and it’s a little different from the way we’ve done things in the past. Check out the details here.
2. In another installment of “The Iron Maidens of CFSBK,” we profiled TFBA Morit S. We’re now just about $1,000 away from our $20,000 fundraising goal. Thank you all for your generous contributions and your diligent fundraising! Go here to donate to a lifter’s campaign and help us push past the finish line.
3. Over at Inside the Affiliate, Coach David just published an interesting new piece entitled “How To Give Newbies Their First Taste of CrossFit.” It’s an excellent reminder of how lucky we are to be part of a gym where the managment puts so much thought into programming and works so hard to create an inclusive environment.
4. We’re less than one week away from the annoucement of CrossFit Open Workout 16.1. Guys, this is getting serious. You best get registered!
5. Speaking of the Open, this year we’re adding a new twist in order to promote some friendly competition. We’ll be organizing intramural Open teams for those who are interested. Go here for more details, and here to sign up. So far, 24 out of the 53 CFSBKers registered for the Open have signed up for the Intramural Team Competition. We want more of you to join in on the fun! The deadline to sign up for intramurals is Wednesday, February 24th.
4. We have a ton of your personal belongings in our Lost and Found, and we want to give them back. Do any of these shoes belong to you? What about this other stuff? Please claim it before we donate it to CHIPS!
5. Movie night returns on Friday, February 26th! From 8 to 10:30 (after OG), we’ll be screening Fittest on Earth 2015, a behind-the-scenes documentary about last year’s CrossFit Games. Come watch it with your fellow CFSBKers and other CrossFitters from local affiliates. Go to yesterday’s post for more detals.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch Balance | Overhead Squats, Run
Allow These Two Olympic Runners to Demonstrate the Motivational Powers of Belonging to a Team NY Mag
Which Type of Exercise Is Best for the Brain? New York Times
Peru’s Mysterious “Boiling River” The Telegraph