- WEEKEND SCHEDULE UPDATES: Saturday’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class is cancelled, as is Sunday’s 11am Active Recovery class. You can still get your AR fix on Saturday at 11am!
- KMo has another foster kitten who’s ready for adoption! Phoebe and her siblings will be at an adoption event tomorrow from 12 to 4:30pm at the Unleashed in Park Slope (81 7th Avenue). Come by and meet them if you are looking for your new forever friend(s).
This Week at CFSBK in Review
So much is happening at the gym right now! Get your notebooks, calendars, iPhones, dayplanners, clay tablets, Palm Pilots, or other whatsits ready.
1. Asha Banker is our January 2016 Athlete of the Month. Congrats again, Asha!
2. Iron Maidens! Have you started fundraising for the Iron Maidens Stay Strong Scholarship yet? Don’t delay! Sign up through Crowdrise here, and ask all of your CFSBK lifting buddies to donate. Also, keep your eyes peeled for a new Iron Maidens feature starting on the blog next week.
3. Scroll down the page a little. See that countdown thingy? It says there are just 27 days until the annoucement of CrossFit Open Workout 16.1! Have you registered yet? There will be Rx’d and scaled versions of each workout, so you can only help CFSBK’s team by signing up. Even if you do one rep for one of the WODs, it won’t bring the team down. We just want you to join us! Why should you register? We’re glad you asked!
4. In the return of the Behind the Desk series, we profiled Greg C. What is a “Daler,” anyway, Greg?
5. Coaches MeLo and K Harpz recapped their weekend competing at Wodapalooza 2016. It’s a fun, inspriational read. Don’t miss it!
6. The Gowanus Canal Conservancy will be hosting their annual ANTIFREEZE fundraiser tomorrow night at 7pm at Littlefield (right across the street), and CFSBK is one of the Silent Auction donors! The event will gather a wide range of attendees who care deeply about the health and resiliency of the Gowanus waterfront and the surrounding local urban environment. There will be delicious local food, plenty of beer, Silent Auction, and (of course) an excellent DJ. Tickets can be found here.
7. The third LFPB Q&A Info Session, “How Active Recovery Techniques Aid in Fitness and Body Composition,” will take place next Thursday, February 4th at 6:30pm.
8. The CFSBK Community Potluck is next Saturday, Febrary 6th at 7pm. Post in the comments of the event page to let us know what you’re bringing. We can’t wait to see you there!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch | Box Jumps, Dumbbell Powers Snatches
Don’t Distract Me The New York Times
Mount Prospect Park Atlas Obscura