- WEEKEND SCHEDULE UPDATE: Sunday’s 2:00pm Anti-Gravity class is cancelled.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
A lot happened on the CFSBK weblog this week. Let’s recap!
1. Due to the impending blizzard, the Community Potluck has been postponed until Saturday, February 6th at 7pm. We’re bummed that we have to wait another couple of weeks, but we want everyone to stay safe. You can still leave a note on the event page to let us know what kind of food you plan to bring!
2. Team Steel Magnolias (Coach MeLo, Coach K Harpz, and Tina D.) finshed Wodapalooza 2016 tied for 10th place out of 25 teams in the Intermediate Women divsion. Look out for reports from MeLo and K Harpz on Monday.
3. Fiction writer and CFSBKer Nathan Englander appeared with Coach Noah on The New Yorker Radio Hour to discuss the relationship between CrossFit and writing. Some keywords: discipline, obsession, success, and failure. Give a listen!
5. Reebok.com published a piece on 77-year-old CFSBKer Constance Tillett written by former CFSBK Managing Editor Kate R. As Constance says, “To live is expensive, to die is expensive. You choose.”
6. Interested in volunteering for Iron Maidens? We’d love to have your help! Please fill out this form if you’d like to take part. Volunteers are needed to help set up on Friday, March 4th from 7:30 to 9:00pm and during the AM and PM sessions of the meet on Saturday, March 5th. And don’t forget to start fundraising for the Iron Maidens Stay Strong Scholarship!
7. The Gowanus Canal Conservancy will be hosting their annual ANTIFREEZE fundraiser at 7pm on January 30, 2016 at Littlefield (right across the street), and CFSBK is one of the Silent Auction donors! The event will gather a wide range of attendees who care deeply about the health and resiliency of the Gowanus waterfront and the surrounding local urban environment. There will be delicious local food, plenty of beer, Silent Auction, and (of course) an excellent DJ. Tickets can be found here.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Overhead Squat | Overhead Squats, Pull-Ups
My Recovery Program: CrossFit with Pat Sprague YouTube
How Wile E. Coyote Explains The World Deadspin