Back Squat/Front Squat
Heavy: Back Squat 85% x 1 x 2, Front Squat 85% x 1 x 2
Numbers based off recent 1RM.
Back Squat: 2 x 5, Front Squat 2 x 5
Use same load at Exposure 1.
Post loads to comments.
Look Feel Perform Better Capacity Test WOD
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
Rest 2 Minutes
3 Minutes Max Calorie Row
Post rounds, calories, and Rx to comments.
CrossFit Preschool and Kids coach Janelle is also a licensed CPR instructor. We make sure everyone on staff is trained for emergencies. Here are Front Deskers Mirko, Charlie, and Greg getting recertified.
Holiday Schedule Changes
TOMORROW (12/31) New Year’s Eve:
ON: 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm
CANCELLED: 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, Active Recovery, Comp Class
Normal Open Gym hours
Friday (1/1) New Year’s Day:
ON: 11am*(extra class), 12pm, 1pm, Open Gym from 3:30-8:30pm
CANCELLED: 6/7/8/10am, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, CrossFit Kids
Evening Open Gym hours only
Have You Signed Up For the 2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge Yet? Make Sure to Follow These Steps…
Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30 cash, given to Front Desk staff.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos here. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent.
- Perform the Test WOD and record your results. This WOD is programmed for TOMORROW, but can easily be performed on your own at Open Gym.
- Begin tracking points earned daily on the spreadsheet (which will be live soon!) based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines and submit 4 and 8 week check-in submissions.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture and a Q&A. The dates for these sessions are 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/3, and 3/18. The first discussion on January 7th is titled, “Why Should I Care About Nutrition Anyway?“
Want to Work at the Front Desk??
CFSBK is looking for new talent to staff our beloved Front Desk! Responsibilities include handling inquires from walk-ins, managing basic membership issues, light cleaning/organization, and other miscellaneous duties. Ideally, we’d like to hire from within so that candidates are already familiar with CrossFit and CFSBK, but we are open to talking to new folks if they’ve got good people skills and are committed to joining the gym.
On top of an hourly wage, Front Desk staff will also receive a comped membership. We are looking for people who keep a consistent schedule and commit to six months of work with us (barring extenuating circumstances). Preference will be given to candidates with the flexibility to change shifts in the new year.
We will be interviewing this month and hiring a new staff member for immediate training. The shifts we are looking to fill are below, so before applying, please make sure these openings fit with your schedule:
Email Janelle [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com to inquire and include Front Desk in the subject line.
‘Gym Wildlife’ Perfectly Mocks Every Single Person at Your Gym, Including You BroBible