Tom S. shredding the gnar at Alta Ski Area, an old-school skiers-only place (no snowboarders) in Little Cottonwood Canyon, about 45 minutes from Salt Lake City, Utah. Tom reps the CFSBK sticker on the bottom of his skis, and says that sticker is all over this resort, even on his kid’s helmet!
Tom has been skiing 35+ years (!). In his words: “My parents took my sister and me on a trip to Stowe, Vermont in the late 70’s, and I was hooked. In the last decade or so, I have really applied myself, and taken advantage of the terrain, especially in places like Utah, and Wyoming—both beautiful and gnarly! I love the fresh air, the challenges on the hill, making friends (skiers are that way, especially apres) and getting my sons hooked has only deepened my love for the sport. And CrossFit helps!”
Holiday Schedule Changes
Thursday (12/31) New Year’s Eve:
ON: 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm
CANCELLED: 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, Active Recovery, Comp Class
Normal Open Gym hours
Friday (1/1) New Year’s Day:
ON: 11am*(extra class), 12pm, 1pm, Open Gym from 3:30-8:30pm
CANCELLED: 6/7/8/10am, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, CrossFit Kids
Evening Open Gym hours only
2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge Check List
Are you participating in the 2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge? Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30 cash, given to Front Desk staff.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos here. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent.
- Perform the Test WOD and record your results. This WOD is programmed for TOMORROW, but can easily be performed on your own at Open Gym.
- Begin tracking points earned daily on the spreadsheet (which will be live soon!) based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines and submit 4 and 8 week check-in submissions.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture and a Q&A. The dates for these sessions are 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/3, and 3/18. The first discussion on January 7th is titled, “Why Should I Care About Nutrition Anyway?“
2015 Working Wounded Games CrossFit Journal
A Risky Weightlifting Courtesy: Spotting for a Bench Press The Wall Street Journal