4-5 Rounds Not For Time:
3 Strict Ribs to Rings Pull-Ups (Pull as high as possible, finish with knuckles close and elbows in)
3 Strict Muscle-Up Transitions (no dip)
3 Strict Ring Dips
3 Strict Muscle-Ups
Rest as needed between movements.
4-5 Rounds Not For Time:
3 Strict Leg Assist Ribs to Rings Pull-Ups (toes under rings, use leg assist as much as needed)
3 Strict Muscle-Up Transitions (same leg assist, no dip. BE SURE TO TRANSITION TO THE VERY BOTTOM OF A DIP)
3 Strict Ring Dips (mature bottom and top support, jumping if necessary)
1-3 Strict Muscle-Up Attempts *if close, if not then stick with the first 3 drills
Post work and rounds to comments.
4 Rounds For Times:
9 Handstand Push-Ups
Rest 1 Minute
Take these at a sub-max effort. Goal is consistent times for each round. Assess a 15 burpee penalty for each round +/- 7 seconds from your best. Any penalty burpees are to be performed immediately after the last round. ROM scale to 1 or 2 AbMats are okay for the HSPU. Pace accordingly so that your HSPUs don’t fall apart and cost you a bunch of burpees!
4 Rounds for Times:
12 Push Presses 95/65
Rest 1 Minute
Take these at a sub-max effort. Goal is consistent times for each round. Assess a 15 burpee penalty for each round +/- 7 seconds from your best. Any penalty burpees are to be performed immediately after the last round. The push press weight should be light enough to do unbroken.
Post times and Rx to comments.
Before 608, before the Annex, before 597, before the Brooklyn Lyceum, there was St. Mary’s Playground. Here is a flyer from 2007 when CFSBK was just David Osorio in a park with a handful of people meeting on Sunday mornings. A little reminder that nothing beats persistence, hard work, and love for what you do. Thank you to all of our amazing coaches and the rest of our community for carrying the torch!
Holiday Schedule Changes
Thursday (12/31) New Year’s Eve:
ON: 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm
CANCELLED: 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, Active Recovery, Comp Class
Normal Open Gym hours
Friday (1/1) New Year’s Day:
ON: 11am*(extra class), 12pm, 1pm, Open Gym from 3:30-8:30pm
CANCELLED: 6/7/8/10am, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, CrossFit Kids
Evening Open Gym hours only
2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge Check List
Are you participating in the 2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge? Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30 cash, given to Front Desk staff.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos here. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent.
- Perform the Test WOD and record your results. This WOD will be programmed on December 30th, but can easily be performed on your own at Open Gym.
- Begin tracking points earned daily on the spreadsheet (which will be live soon!) based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines and submit 4 and 8 week check-in submissions.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture and a Q&A. The dates for these sessions are 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/3, and 3/18. The first discussion on January 7th is titled, “Why Should I Care About Nutrition Anyway?“
Look Feel Perform Better Q&A Info Session: “Why Should I Care About Nutrition Anyway?”
Why do and should we care about nutrition? Isn’t it enough that we come to CrossFit and work hard?
Attend this Look Feel Perform Better Q&A Info Session, the first in our bi-monthly Q&A Info Sessions this year. These sessions will function more as a support group setting than a true lecture, though they will begin with a lecture. In this particular session, we’ll discuss how and why what you feed yourself with has direct impact on your performance and body composition. An open Q&A will follow.
Where: CFSBK’s second floor Annex
When: Thursday, January 7th at 6:30pm
Detox: It’s All A Con The Stats Guy
Making Money, Getting Strong: Two Grow-Up Responsibilities PJ Media
Watch Serena Williams’s Inspiring Sportsperson of the Year Acceptance Speech Time