Back Squat/Front Squat
Heavy: Back Squat 82.5% x 1 x 2, Front Squat 82.5% x 1 x 2
*Numbers based off recent 1RM.
Back Squat: 2 x 4, Front Squat 2 x 4
*Use same load at Exposure 1.
Post loads to comments.
Every Minute on the Minute, For 15 Minutes:
1. 12 Burpees
2. 12 Pull-Ups
3. 12 Calorie Row
Perform the required reps as fast as possible and rest the remainder of the minute until transitioning to the next movement. Scale the number of reps/cals as required as to get them done no later than the 40 second mark of each minute.
Post reps per minute and Rx to comments.
When teaching multiple classes, often with new people, writing everyone’s name down during the QOD helps the coaches learn new people’s names and reinforce long-term recollection. CFSBK: Where everyone knows your name!
Holiday Schedule Changes
TOMORROW (12/24) CHRISTMAS EVE:
ON: 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 12pm
CANCELLED: 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, Active Recovery, Comp Class
Normal Open Gym hours
Friday (12/25) CHRISTMAS:
ON: 9am* (extra class), 10am
CANCELLED: all other classes, including CrossFit Kids
Open Gym is CANCELLED
CANCELLED: Yoga for Athletes
CANCELLED: CrossFit Preschool
Thursday (12/31) New Year’s Eve:
ON: 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm
CANCELLED: 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, Active Recovery, Comp Class
Normal Open Gym hours
Friday (1/1) New Year’s Day:
ON: 11am*(extra class), 12pm, 1pm, Open Gym from 3:30-8:30pm
CANCELLED: 6/7/8/10am, 4:30pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:30pm, 8:30pm, CrossFit Kids
Evening Open Gym hours only
2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge Check List
Are you participating in the 2016 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge? Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30 cash, given to Front Desk staff.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos here. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent.
- Perform the Test WOD and record your results. This WOD will be programmed on December 30th, but can easily be performed on your own at Open Gym.
- Begin tracking points earned daily on the spreadsheet (which will be live soon!) based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines and submit 4 and 8 week check-in submissions.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture and a Q&A. The dates for these sessions are 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/3, and 3/18.
Have You Ordered Your 2016 Dog Calendar Yet?
The 2016 Dogs of CFSBK calendar features your favorite gym mutts! All proceeds go to PupStarz Rescue, a foster rescue started by our own Robyn O’Brien. Both the desk calendar and wall calendar are available for a cash donation of $25 or more. A limited number of calendars are on their way to the gym but they are sure to run out quick. Never fear, you can place your order by filling out this online form, or sign up at the Front Desk. Pre-paying at the Front Desk will guarantee your copy. Orders will be taken until Christmas Day. Email breebree [at] mindspring.com (the superstar behind the calendar!) for any questions.
Unclimbable SB Nation