10 Ring Rows
3 Handstand Kick-Ups or 1 wall walk
20 Hollow Rocks
5-10 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
8e Reverse Lunges with Dumbbells or Kettlebells held at side
For the HSPUs you can use up to two abmats to scale, otherwise perform a box piked HSPU or Piked hold on a box.
Registration Is Now Live for The Iron Maidens Raw Open on March 5th, 2015
Registration will be live as of 10am. This event will sell out very quickly, so don’t wait. REGISTER HERE.
You are invited to test your one rep maxes in a rare, women’s only environment of badassery. Compete for awesome prizes and cheer on female feats of strength. This meet is open to all women; you do not need to be a member of Crossfit South Brooklyn to compete. We have space for 60 participants, so sign up soon!
All lifters will have three attempts to lift one maximal rep, in the following order, for:
1. Back Squat
2. Bench Press
The sum of the heaviest successful attempts will constitute each lifter’s Total. For each weight class, a first, second and third place will be awarded to the highest Totals.
Weight classes: 123lbs and under; 132lbs and under; 148lbs and under; 165lbs and under; Over 165lbs
Team Award: The team with the highest score will be awarded a special prize. A team’s score will be based on the combined placings in their weight classes of team members. Points are: 1st place = 10 pts; 2nd place = 8 pts; 3rd place = 6 pts. There is no limit to the number of lifters on a team. Teams (and their members) should be declared 48 hours in advance of the competition.
All ages are welcome.
Iron Maidens Stay Strong Scholarship
We are thrilled to partner with Grace Outreach, a Bronx-based nonprofit that works with women to further their education and gain financial independence. Through competitors’ fundraising efforts, we will create the first annual Iron Maidens Stay Strong Scholarship to assist low-income women in paying for their college tuition.
Please go here for participation information.
- Entry Fee: $60 for non-CFSBK members; $50 for CFSBK members.
- Entry includes: Eligibility for prizes, a t-shirt, pre-meet rules/movement clinic
- Registration Deadline: January 23, 2016.
- Cancellation Policy: No refunds will be made after January 23, 2016. If you are not able to compete, please notify us as soon as possible.
- Pre-Meet Rules Clinic: 2:30PM, February 14, 2016 at CFSBK (optional)
- Competition Rules and Regulations can be found here.
- Please visit our blog for more information, stories, and updates.
- REGISTER HERE. (Live as of 10am)
Questions? Contact Meet Director Margie Lempert, at Margie [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
Congratulations to Our Awesome Holiday Season Open Competitors!
Coach Arturo, Jake L., Todd C., and Jimin S. competed in the Holiday Season Open yesterday, and they CRUSHED it! Thanks to Jake for the meet report…
- Coach Arturo took 4th and qualified for Masters National.
- Jake L. won the 105kg weight class and also won Best Overall Male Lifter. He hit 286/297/308 on the snatch and 363/378X/381 on his clean and jerk, for a 313kg total, a 13kg PR total. In his words: “This past eight weeks of training with Ro has been the best cycle I’ve done. Our intensity was on point and it was so much fun.” The most exciting part: Jake qualified for the 2016 US Nationals!
- Todd C. also qualified for Masters Nationals.
- Jimin S. found out about the meet FRIDAY and still signed up and kicked ass!
Great job, guys! Way to make CFSBK proud!
The Person Who Pays For Everything Is The Athlete The Telegraph
Men’s Locker Room Designers Take Pity on Naked Millennials The New York Times