Neal G., a longtime client of Coach Fox’s, has been lifting weights for two decades and training at CFSBK since 2009. He turns 75 next month, and in celebration of his commitment to fitness, we made this fun video.
- Want to try something other than group class today? Check out Active Recovery at 6:30pm, Pilates with KH at 7:30pm, or AntiGravity at 7:30pm.
- Get your yoga on with Jaclyn, at the new time of 9am on Thursday mornings! Whether you’re a seasoned practitioner or brand new to a yoga mat, Jaclyn will offer plenty of options so everyone feels challenged yet still comfortable in this Vinyasa flow class.
Last Call to Participate in CFSBK’s Second Art Show, on November 21, 2015!
Ever wonder what CFSBK would look like if it transformed into an art gallery? Well, those of us that participated in or attended CFSBK’s first Art Show last year know it looks pretty awesome. Our second Art Show will be Saturday, November 21st, so save the date!
The aim of the evening isn’t to sell the work of our artists (though if that happens, great), but to showcase the often hidden talents of our members, bring our community together in a novel way, and to continue being the coolest CrossFit gym on the planet.
Want to Participate?
We’re so excited about everyone who has reached out so far, but we want to hear from more of you! If you are an artist (even if your art is just a hobby!) and are a member at CFSBK, reach out to Kate R. at Katharine [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com by October 30, 2015 to get on the roster of artists. Your email MUST INCLUDE 2-3 images of pieces you would consider showing or pieces that are similar to what you would create for the show. The volume of responses we receive will determine how many of your pieces we can include.
The more diversity of mediums the better—painting, photography, film, collage, printmaking, design, textiles, installations, or something we haven’t heard of yet. (We have a 180” projector that can be used for video-based art, and we can set up booths in the changing rooms for audio-based art.) If you participated last year, please DO NOT repeat work you included for that show.
Want to Learn to Row from an Olympian? Come to the C.R.A.S.H.-B. Kick-Off Meeting With Coach Nick This Saturday!
Do you hate and fear workouts that involve rowing? Do you secretly love them but don’t want to admit it? Either way, you have a good reason to train for the C.R.A.S.H.-B. World Indoor Rowing Championship! Coach Nick will prepare members in the months leading up to race day, which is Feb. 28th. Come to Coach Nick’s info session at 8:30 AM on Saturday, Oct. 31st, to learn all about it. Here’s some basic info:
- The events at CRASH-Bs are individual
- You don’t have to be an SBK member to participate
- The group will get together for three technique clinics (each of which will conclude with a workout) and four races
- Participants will do the workouts on their own
- Nick will provide support—including video analysis of your technique—throughout the program
- Anyone can join—there is no minimum performance requirement
Come to Nick’s kick-off meeting at 8:30AM on Saturday, Oct. 31st. He’ll explain the program in detail and answer any questions you may have. The session will also include the first technique clinic, which will conclude with a workout.
Send Coach Nick an email at Nick [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you plan to show up or if you have any questions.
Recovering Addicts Maintain Sobriety With CrossFit The Mercury Lifestyle
Bad Day For Bacon: Processed Meats Cause Cancer, WHO Says NPR