Performance: Medium Intensity, 75-80% x 5 x 4
Fitness: 3 x 8 Linear Progression
Heavier than last week.
Post loads to comments.
9-7-5 Reps for Time:
Rx for the snatch is a full squat. If it’s caught high there cannot be a discernible pause before riding to the bottom of a squat. Scaling to power snatches is acceptable if lack of mobility requires it.
21/15 Calorie Row
15 Power Snatches 95/65
15/12 Calorie Row
10 Power Snatches
9/9 Calorie Row
6 Power Snatches
The barbell weight should be light enough to perform them unbroken on the fast end, or with minimal rest.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Want to Learn to Row from an Olympian? Come to the C.R.A.S.H.-B. Kick-Off Meeting With Coach Nick, on October 31, at 8:30am!
Do you hate and fear workouts that involve rowing? Do you secretly love them but don’t want to admit it? Either way, you have a good reason to train for the C.R.A.S.H.-B. World Indoor Rowing Championship! Coach Nick will prepare members in the months leading up to race day, which is Feb. 28th. Come to Coach Nick’s info session at 8:30 AM on Saturday, Oct. 31st, to learn all about it. Here’s some basic info:
- The events at CRASH-Bs are individual
- You don’t have to be an SBK member to participate
- The group will get together for three technique clinics (each of which will conclude with a workout) and four races
- Participants will do the workouts on their own
- Nick will provide support—including video analysis of your technique—throughout the program
- Anyone can join—there is no minimum performance requirement
- The program cost is TBD, and various payment options will be available. The program entry fee does not include the CRASH-Bs entry fee, travel to Boston, or accommodations there.
Come to Nick’s kick-off meeting at 8:30AM on Saturday, Oct. 31st. He’ll explain the program in detail and answer any questions you may have. The session will also include the first technique clinic, which will conclude with a workout.
Send Coach Nick an email at Nick [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you plan to show up or if you have any questions.
Here’s what some 2015 team members say about their experience…
“I loved this program. It was challenging and inspiring and I learned a lot about training—accepting the days that are failures, celebrating tiny victories, persevering regardless. For someone who has some social anxiety, it was really the first time I felt real community at the gym. Getting to know the other [participants] was such an amazing bonus to a great program.”
“I would recommend the program because it truly pushed me to move outside of my comfort zone from what I was used to with exercise and gain a true experience of what it was like to train for something…[Nick is] brimming with experience and knowledge but goes above and beyond—he truly cares about every individual athlete.”
“It’s rare to get the level of focus and feedback we received on mechanics, mental approach, and regimen—for any activity. Let alone from a true expert, let alone in a way that dovetails fluidly from your current (CFSBK) regimen. This sort of attention to detail not only makes you much better at that thing, but reminds you of the importance of that level of focus for anything you want to do well.”
Need a Private Healthy Chef or Baker? Hit Up the Talented Callie F.!
In addition to being a health-supportive and allergy-friendly private chef, Callie F. is also an allergy-friendly baker. In fact, baking is her true love, and she’s created a pop-up menu of cakes, pies, tarts, and tortes for the holiday season. And if you celebrate nothing, personal sizes are perfect for hitting those macros (she’s lookin’ at you, Noah). All items are completely free of gluten and refined sugar. All can be made dairy-free, several can be adjusted to paleo standards, and absolutely none of them taste like sand!
- All gluten free
- All refined sugar free
- Seasonal flavors
- Locally sourced ingredients wherever possible
- Available in personal and standard sizes
- Not disgusting
- Spiced Carrot cake with Cashew Cream Frosting (I’m famous for it)
- Real Red Velvet with Goat Cheese Frosting (real beets, real goats)
- Citrus and Cardamom Olive Oil Cake (simple and elegant)
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pie with Goat Cheese Cashew Cream Citrus Icing (personal fave)
- German Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie (holy sheisse!)
- Upstate Apple Crumble Pie (no twist, just delish)
Raw and Vegan Tarts and Tortes
- Salted Chocolate and Date Caramel Torte (so smooth)
- Chocolate Peppermint Ganache Torte (a cool breeze in your mouth)
- Ambrosia Tart (promotes everlasting life)
Callie’s website is under construction. Contact her at calmesefreeman [at] gmail.com for price sheets, orders, and inquiries. Bon appetit, mes animaux!
How Food Porn Hijacks Your Brain Science of Us