- At long last, there’s a new article on Coach David’s blog Inside the Affiliate, called “CrossFit Preschool: 5 Things I’ve Learned From Working With 5-Year-Olds.” It’s all about Coach David and Coach Janelle’s experience running CFSBK’s CrossFit Preschool. Oh, and there are lots of really cute photos of really cute kids. Check it out!
- Flynn Dog Millionare needs your help with his startup, Kard! From Ryan F.: “Kard is a startup in the credit card rewards space that is trying to help consumers reclaim the lost dollars that are available to them nearly every time they shop online. We will be able to tell consumers what card to use and where to use it to maximize their reward points in a seamless fashion. We are running this survey to focus our market research and create some use cases for the product as we are in the early development stages.” Help Ryan out and take the survey here!
- NEW BATCH OF LOST AND FOUND: Check it out.
Fight Gone Bad Fundraising Update (T-15 Days!)
Congrats everyone! We’re almost at $7,000—which is 42% of our fundraising goal for Brooklyn Community Foundation. Allie C. and Matty C. are crushing it!
Once we hit our goal of $15,000 Brooklyn Community Foundation is going to match match contributions dollar-for-dollar. You or your friend puts in $10? Their Board puts in $10, doubling your impact on Brooklyn’s communities. We’re so close!
Congrats to those teams and individually topping our leaderboards on CrowdRise! Below are our top fundraisers from both the individual and team divisions (as of 8pm Thursday 10/1):
Top Five Teams:
- I’m Not a Player I Just Squat a Lot: $1,975
- Fight Gone Bad 2015: $505
- Awesomesauce: $500
- Fight of the Living Dead: $480
- The Buck Furpees: $448
Top Five Individuals:
- Allie C.: $1,175
- Matty C.: $500
- Michael A.: $425
- Jay-Star: $400
- Greg A.: $350
Don’t Miss Out on Running/Walking a 5K to Raise Money for Miles for Midwives
Colleen M.’s sister is on the board of the organization Miles for Midwives, and they are raising money through a 5K race to improve maternity care and community wellness. The organization does a great job of educating and providing resources for maternity health and healthy childbirth.
The 5K is TOMORROW at 10:00 followed by a Community Birth and Wellness Fair.
The entry fee is $25.00 for an individual and $10.00 for a child. Learn more here.
Louis C.K. Hates Cell Phones