Melody S. (now Melody W.) got married on Sunday, September 6th in Philadelphia. Here she is above with CFSBK members Jennifer G. and KLove, who are “pressing” Melody’s husband Mike (who trains muay thai down the street). Melody reports: “The wedding was awesome. We had a strongman and a fire breather and a magical carnival themed wedding in Philadelphia. It was the best day ever.” Melody and Mike are back in Brooklyn for a couple of weeks before they head to Bali and Singapore for the honeymoon of awesomeness.
- Bye bye, birthdays on the blog: With 750 members and counting, we’re doing away with giving birthday shout-outs on the blog. If you have other exciting news to report, such as Melody’s news above, send it to Managing Editor Kate R., at Katharine [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
- There are still spots open for Fight Gone Bad 2015! Learn more here, and register here.
Three Ways to Spice Up Your Tuesday CFSBK Life
- Active Recovery at 6:30pm. This class is designed to give your muscles and mind a rest. For an hour you’ll be guided through a combination of soft tissue work, mobility techniques, and general restorative movement. Want to learn more? We wrote a detailed article about this class on Coach David’s blog, Inside The Affililiate, called “Running an Active Recovery Class.”
- Pilates with KH at 7:30pm. Have you ever been told by a coach or PT that you have a weak core? Are you not sure what “keep your ribcage down” means? Do you suffer from a tweaky lower back after lifting heavy weights? Help is on the way! Learn more about KH in our interview with her, called “‘Mad Abs, Yo!’ How Pilates Complements CrossFit, and Getting to Know Kristin H.“
- AntiGravity at 7:30pm (and Sundays at 2pm). The class focuses on the gymnastics skill and strength components that are most commonly demanded in CrossFit workouts, using a variety of skill exercises, progressions, weighted and strict practice, and other techniques to teach, develop, and perfect your bodyweight movements.