News and Notes
- ICYMI: There are new membership options at CFSBK! We are offering an Unlimited Membership for $265 and an unlimited Open Gym Membership for $185 (with additional OG times now available on Monday through Friday from 6am-12pm!). Get more of the details on last Monday’s post.
- Check out Pilates with KH (a.k.a Cage) at 7:30pm tonight! Learn more about KH and Pilatesl + CrossFit in our interview with her: “‘Mad Abs, Yo!’ How Pilates Complements CrossFit, and Getting to Know Kristin H.“
- Happy birthday, Gracie D. (GD)!
Seeking Volunteers For CFSBK’s Subway Series Events!
Friends, Romans, countrymen/women! Our Subway Series event is fast approaching on August 23rd, and we need your help to pull it off as seamlessly as possible. We promise you’ll have a lot of fun! We need:
- At least 10 judges
- 2 score runners/scorers—we need someone to create a user-friendly spreadsheet to score the event properly, and someone to handle this on the day (Please email Coach Fox directly if you have skillz in this arena! Christian [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com)
- A handful of extra people to help with breakdown and set-up of stations between heats
Email David [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you can volunteer!
There’s Still Space in the Upcoming Strength Cycle—and Still Space For You to Get Hella Strong!
Upcoming Cycle Times and Dates:
A cycle: Beginners, 7pm Mon/Wed and 6pm Fri | Monday July 20th-Friday Sept 11th
B cycle: Intermediate, 7pm Tues/Thurs and 10am Sun | Tuesday July 21st-Sunday Sept 13th
C cycle: Morning beginners, 6:30am Mon/Wed | THIS OPTION IS FULL
D cycle: Continuing Education, 6pm Mon/Wed | THIS OPTION IS FULL
E cycle: Late mornining, all levels, 10am Mon/Thurs | Monday July 20th – Thursday Sept 10th
F cycle: Noon with Margie, 12pm Tues/Thurs | THIS OPTION IS FULL
Each cycle will culminate in a CrossFit Total on Sunday, Sept 13th.
Class Sizes: Space is limited to 4-8 participants
Class Length: 90 minutes
Cost: 3x Per Week Cycles:
$300 paid upon registration and then another $300 at the halfway point
Cost: 2xW Cycles:
$200 paid upon registration and then another $200 at the halfway point
Weightlifting Eddie Hall Breaks Deadlift World Record Bleacher Report
How to Cut Children’s Screen Time? Say No to Yourself First The New York Times
No Brain, No Pain The Conversation
There’s a new show about NYC’s “hot” trainers and people think it looks “freaking amazing”