Faithful 6am-er Michael A. and his wife Amy visited their home box, CrossFit Belltown, in Seattle last weekend. We love pics like these! Remember to always send us your fitness travel pics, and other exciting deets about your life, such as promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns. We also alwasy welcome interesting links! Send to Kate, our Managing Editor, at Katharine [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
News and Notes
- Lots of shoes/shirts/apparel/wrist straps in Lost and Found! The bin is to the left of the sink in 597, so go grab your stuff. We’re giving it away on 6/11 if you haven’t claimed it by then.
- April’s Athlete of the Month, Jay-Star, is attending Dave Durante’s Power Monkey Camp, a week-long training and educational clinic plus competition for adults of all levels, from October 4-10. If five or more people from CFSBK attend, you each get a 10% discount. Email Jay at jay_reingold [at] yahoo.com if you’re interested, and he will give you the code! (Even if you’re not interested, check out the promo video. Has exercise ever looked more fun?!)
- Happy birthday to CrossFit Kids participant, Isabella B.!
All Things Spartan Race
Good luck to the following CFSBKers who are participating, all led by the fearless Coach MeLo!
Spartan Participant Reminders:
- You are leaving CFSBK tomorrow morning at 9:30am.
- Print out and sign the Participant Waiver and the NBC Release Waiver found here, and bring them with a photo ID.
- Wear old shoes, old clothes, long pants, and long socks.
- Bring a garbage bag for wet clothing, a towel, wet wipes, a marker, snacks/water, and a change of clothes/shoes for the ride home.
Want to Participate in a Spartan Race?
Spartan Race has released a limited discount code, MEMORIAL, that will give up to $40 off of race registration. The link is valid today until midnight, for all future races!
Here’s Why People Actually ‘Like’ Your Posts on Facebook Vice
Bicyling Can Sharpen Your Thinking and Improve Your Mood Psychology Today