Faithful 6am-er Michael A. and his wife Amy visited their home box, CrossFit Belltown, in Seattle last weekend. We love pics like these! Remember to always send us your fitness travel pics, and other exciting deets about your life, such as promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns. We also alwasy welcome interesting links! Send to Kate, our Managing Editor, at Katharine [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
News and Notes
- Lots of shoes/shirts/apparel/wrist straps in Lost and Found! The bin is to the left of the sink in 597, so go grab your stuff. We’re giving it away on 6/11 if you haven’t claimed it by then.
- April’s Athlete of the Month, Jay-Star, is attending Dave Durante’s Power Monkey Camp, a week-long training and educational clinic plus competition for adults of all levels, from October 4-10. If five or more people from CFSBK attend, you each get a 10% discount. Email Jay at jay_reingold [at] yahoo.com if you’re interested, and he will give you the code! (Even if you’re not interested, check out the promo video. Has exercise ever looked more fun?!)
- Happy birthday to CrossFit Kids participant, Isabella B.!
All Things Spartan Race
Good luck to the following CFSBKers who are participating, all led by the fearless Coach MeLo!
Spartan Participant Reminders:
- You are leaving CFSBK tomorrow morning at 9:30am.
- Print out and sign the Participant Waiver and the NBC Release Waiver found here, and bring them with a photo ID.
- Wear old shoes, old clothes, long pants, and long socks.
- Bring a garbage bag for wet clothing, a towel, wet wipes, a marker, snacks/water, and a change of clothes/shoes for the ride home.
Want to Participate in a Spartan Race?
Spartan Race has released a limited discount code, MEMORIAL, that will give up to $40 off of race registration. The link is valid today until midnight, for all future races!
Here’s Why People Actually ‘Like’ Your Posts on Facebook Vice
Bicyling Can Sharpen Your Thinking and Improve Your Mood Psychology Today
Fitness: Back Squat 5 Rep Max
Performance: Back Squat 5 Rep Max + Front Squat 5 Rep Max
Post loads to comments.
For Time, 7 Rounds:
7 Box Jumps
7 Hanging Knee Raises
For Time, 15-12-9-6-3:
Box Jump Overs 24/20"
Toes to Bar
Post time and Rx to comments.
Squattin' (safety bar): 190×5. Worked for it! Then 170×5.
WOD: Performance rep scheme with double situps, 4:56. I'm thinking maybe I should have tripled the situps!
Brian Moore says
Last week I was stoked to hit 135# on my clean + jerk. That was a huge PR for me. This week I was feeling good and form felt right so I went up to 145#. Felt heavy but good. Great coaching from McD as always. Feeling so much better and stronger with this movement this cycle.
DB WOD was 6:54 with 35# DBs. Felt just heavy enough to be a little struggle on the push press at the end.
Worked up to a heavy single at 405.
10am class – only five people, and i was the only person to CJ, so private class w/ McD. McD was extremely helpful in coaching me up to a PR at 110. Main takeaways (if I remember this correctly) were staying aggressive on the clean pull – I have a tendency to slow it down – and keep the feet wide in my jerk.
My previous CJ on this cycle was 83 and I wrote down that I hit 100 a year ago, but I can't imagine how.
I surprised myself in finishing out the WOD with 35# DB's (45%/2 of my weight) which I didn't think I would make it. I think the time was 7 and change but forgot to look. And that was with some nice rests in 4th & 5th set.
BBell high hang clean x3
Bbell split jerk x3
First 55 jerk was weird so re-did. Ran out of time
50 DUs – trip ups
5 Hang Cleans
3 Push Jerks
1st round @45kg, dropped to 40kg for the rest
50 DUs – intentionally broke it up into 3 sets.. Bc I was tired :/
This was hard and I wasn't being very tough about it. Took lots of breaks and slogged through it. 8:58
3 handstand holds near wall :15 ea
30 v-ups — 1st set 15-15, rest unbroken
Rest day today. Lots of mobilizing
OG in the spring is the best.