Fitness: Back Squat 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 5-10 pounds to last week’s exposure.
Performance: Back Squat 5RM (Intensity Day) + Front Squat 5RM
Add 5-10 lbs to last week. Then, drop weight and perform a heavy set of 5 front squats 5-10 lbs heavier than last week. Should be at or close to 5RM territory.
Post loads to comments.
In teams of 2, with one partner working at a time:
100 Calories Rowed
100 Overhead Squats 115/75
Post time and Rx to comments.
Coach David takes on the handstand walk at the East Regionals
News and Notes
- SCHEDULE UPDATE: Active Recovery is on at 11am today, but the noon class is CANCELED.
- A spot opened up in Coach Noah’s Kipping Pull-Up Workshop tomorrow from 3-4pm! Register here.
- Happy birthday, OGJB!!
Hiring Front Desk Staff
CFSBK is looking for new talent to staff the Front Desk. Responsibilities include handling inquires from walk-ins, managing basic membership issues, light cleaning/organization, and other miscellaneous duties. Ideally, we’d like to hire from within so that candidates are already familiar with CrossFit and CFSBK, but we are open to talking to new folks if they’ve got good people skills and are committed to joining the gym. On top of an hourly wage, FD staff will also receive a comped membership. We are looking for people who keep a consistent schedule and commit to six months of work with us (barring extenuating circumstances).
We will be interviewing this month and hiring a new staff member for immediate training. The shifts will start Tuesday, June 9th. The shifts we are looking to fill are below, so before applying, please make sure these openings fit with your schedule.
Tuesdays, 5:45am – 9:30am
Fridays, 5:45am – 9:30am
Email Janelle [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com to inquire and include Front Desk in the subject line.
Memorial Day “Murph” WOD and BBQ Is Monday!
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
What We Need From You:
- Sign up for your heat HERE. They’re almost full, so jump on it.
- We still need volunteers to help out on the grill from 11am to 3pm (two from 11am-1pm, two from 1-3pm). Please email cfsbkfrontdesk [at] gmail.com with your availability and we’ll love you forever.
- The gym is providing burgers, hot dogs, and beer but we still need condiments, sides, salads, non-alcoholic beverages, and veggie options. Plan to bring food and stuff!
Get more information here.
We Are Dead Stars The Atlantic