Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 2.5-5 pounds to last week’s exposure.
Performance: 3 x 3
Add about 5% to last week’s exposure. Should be at about 90%.
Post loads to comments.
10 Wall Walks with a :02 Hold
25 Pull-Ups or Ring Rows
50 Box Jumps
100 Kettlebell Swings
200 Single-Unders or 50 Double-Unders
50 Kettlebell Swings 72/53
40 Box Jumps 24/20″
30 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
20 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
Post time and Rx to comments.
Memorial Day “Murph” WOD and BBQ
1 mile Run
1 mile Run
What We Need From You:
- Sign up for your heat HERE. They fill up fast, so jump on it.
- We need four volunteers to help out on the grill from 11am to 3pm (two from 11am-1pm, two from 1-3pm). Please email cfsbkfrontdesk [at] gmail.com with your availability and we’ll love you forever.
- Through Herondale Farm, we are providing burgers and hot dogs for us and CFSBK will provide beer but we still need condiments, sides, salads, non-alcoholic beverages, and veggie options. Please tell us in the comments below what you can contribute!
- If you are bringing any guests, let us know in the comments so we can plan accordingly for meat and beer.
Common Substitutions and Modifications
- “Murph” Rx-ed Plus is with a 20lb weighted vest.
- You can also scale the voliume to 3/4 or 1/2.
- Ring rows can be subbed for pull-ups.
- Running can be subbed for rowing.
What is “Murph“?
- To learn more about Lieutenant Michael Murphy, check out his page on the Navy Seals website and his biography on Wikipedia.
- To learn more about “Murph Day,” read, “At CrossFit, a Military Regimen With Geek Appeal” from The New York Times. This article was based on their visit to CFSBK and CrossFit NYC in 2012.
This workout is dedicated to everyone who has sacrificed their lives in the US Armed Forces. Take a moment during the day to thank someone who has served and reflect on those we’ve lost.
A Note to Visitors
Visitors and non-CFSBK members are welcome to participate, but you must have prior CrossFit experience and you must contact us ahead of time to get the okay to participate. Please email Jess at info [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you are interested.
- Happy birthday, Maria K. and Olivia K.!