Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 2.5-5 pounds to last week’s exposure.
Performance: 3 x 8
Add about 5% to last week’s exposure. Should be at or near 70%.
Post loads to comments.
75 Kettlebell Swings
Post time and Rx to comments.
- Happy birthday, Andrew U.! And happy belated birthday to Jayson S. and Kristen T.!
- There’s a new post over on Coach David’s blog Inside the Affiliate that is intended to help coaches cue athletes in fixing their push-ups. Check it out: “How to Fix the Push-Up“!
Introducing our NEW Vegetable/Fruit/Egg CSA: Common Hands Farm
We’re thrilled to announce that we are offering a new veg/fruit/egg CSA in partnership with Brooklyn Boulders. Their provider, Common Hands Farm, will accept members from CFSBK starting immediately. The CSA begins in June. A rep from the farm will be at CFSBK on Wednesday from 6-8:30pm to meet members, answer questions, and sign folks up on the spot.
Pickups will be Tuesdays 6-8pm at Brooklyn Boulders starting June 2.
Common Hands offers full and half shares, so you have lots of options:
Full vegetable shares (weekly June-November) are $615
Half vegetable shares (every other week) are $375
Full fruit and egg shares (weekly mid-June-November) are $280
Half fruit and egg shares (every other week) are $140
*Fruit shares consist of seasonal berries and tree fruit, some grown at CHF and some outsourced from other local Hudson Valley farms.
*Currently there are no “fruit only” or “egg only” options.
Common Hands allows you to pay in one installment (PayPal or check) or two installments (check only.)
To see the options and pricing on their website, visit this page and select “NYC” under “Choose share options below.” As with all our CSAs, registration, payment and fulfillment is handled by the farm, not the gym.
Visit their CSA sign-up page to register; the deadline for this season is May 15.
Questions? Email Michele at mignyc [at] gmail.com.
CrossFit Kids Launches Today (and There’s Still Space to Sign Up)!
CrossFit Kids combines the camaraderie and physical fitness of an adult class scaled down to an age appropriate and fun version for kids. During our launch, we will be offering two programs: CrossFit Preschool for children aged 3-5 and CrossFit Kids for children aged 6-8. A few notes about signing up:
- This is a set registration, meaning your kids must attend the day and time for which you sign them up.
- You are paying for four weeks of programming up front (think about it as similar to Strength Cycle). So if you purchase one day per week, your kid can come the day for which you’ve signed them up. Twice a week means they come to both days.
- So, you DO NOT need to RSVP for class. You just need to register in advance for the appropriate session/s.
Spaces are limited. Sign up now to guarantee your spot. 3-2-1-GO!
Preschool classes (3 – 5 years):
Wednesdays at 3:30pm
Sundays at 10am
Kids classes (6 – 8 years):
Mondays at 4:30pm
Wednesdays at 4:30pm
1x/week – $120
2x/week – $200
1x/week – $102
2x/week – $170
Questions? Email Janelle [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
How to Become a Better Person The School of Life