Fitness: 5 x 3 Linear Progression
Bail each rep and reset within a few seconds. Try and go a bit heavier than last week.
Performance: Work up to a top set of 3 on a Touch and Go Power Snatch
You can pause at the hang but not at the floor. Must be touch and go. Try and go a bit heavier than last week.
Post loads to comments.
AMRAP 9 Minutes:
3 Deadlift 185/125
3 Push Ups
3 Toes to Bar
6 Deadlift 185/125
6 Push Ups
6 Toes to Bar
9 Deadlift 185/125
9 Push Ups
9 Toes to Bar
Add 3 reps per round until time is called.
Post total reps and Rx to comments.
- Come to Coach Frank’s Olympic Lifting Program mock meet today at 2:30pm! Each lifter will have three attempts at the snatch and clean and jerk.
CFSBK Olympic Lifting Program Starts In One Week!
What: An 8-week Olympic lifting cycle meeting twice a week with Coach Frank Murray and/or Heather Farmer in addition to 2 Open Gym or group class per week.
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30am to 12:00pm from 1/13/15-3/5/15 or Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30pm to 10:00pm from 1/12/15-3/4/15. (see full details below)
Price: $300 per 4 weeks, first bill due at sign-up and second bill charged automatically to the card on-file 4 weeks later.
The cycle will wrap up with an Olympic Weightlifting Total on 3/8/15 at 2:30pm.
Each cycle needs a minimum of eight participants and is capped at 10 athletes.
Coached by Frank Murray, “participants can expect to build a strong foundation focused around proper technique, mobility, and attention to individual weak points. Building this foundation will not only help lead to higher lifts, but also set the base for continued and consistent progress. Moreover, by developing proper technique, mobility, and focusing on weak points, participants will become more confident, less prone to injury, and more consistent lifters. All of this giving you the tools for a longer, healthier, stronger career with the Olympic lifts.” —Next Level Weightlifting
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30am to 12:00pm from 1/13/15-3/5/15
Mondays and Wednesdays 8:30pm to 10:00pm from 1/12/15-3/4/15
LEARN MORE HERE.
2015 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge Check List
Are you participating in the 2015 Look Feel Perform Better Challenge? Everything got started yesterday, but the deadline to complete all the sign-up steps is tomorrow, January 5th:
- Sign your name on the list in the community area of the gym.
- Buy-in of $30. This must be cash and can be given to Front Desk staff.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photo according to the guidelines on our new Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These are private will not be published or seen by anyone but the judges without your consent.
- Track points earned daily on the Tracker spreadsheet.
- Perform the Test WOD and record results.
An Icy Volcano and the Cosmic Cycle of Life Slate
The Benefits of Being Cold, or: Does Global Warming Make Me Look Fat The Atlantic