Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 5 pounds to last week.
Performance: 5/3/1 1 Week
75% x 5
85% x 3
95% x 1+
Percentages are based off your TRAINING MAX (90% of a recent 1RM). Aim to hit 3 on the rep out, but save 1 rep in the tank.
Post loads to comments.
In teams of 3 with one partner working at a time, complete:
AMRAP 21 minutes:
12/10 Calorie Row
7 Burpee-Box Jumps
Post rounds to comments.
News and Notes
- Attention C.R.A.S.H.-B.ers: If you are signing up to train with Coach Nick, please make your payments here. There are two options: A) full payment of $220 due at registration, or B) payment plan of $55 each month for four months. No refunds on any payments made!
- Curious about the Meat CSA? If you’ve been considering joining the meat CSA program, come to the gym tonight between 5-8pm to meet farmer Jerry Peele. He’ll be selling packages of his famous bacon and ground beef (at a discount), running a raffle for a 15-lb meat share, handing out shares to members, and signing up new ones on the spot. Questions? Email mignyc [at] gmail.com.
- Root Hill Cafe (on the corner of 4th Ave. and Carroll) is back open, and better than ever. They hired a Paleo pastry chef (what?!), and will be expanding their food menu soon. All CFSBKers get a 10% discount with them, so head over and say hi.
Recent PRs (that we know about!)
- K HarpZ hit 160# on her C&J last Saturday
- Evan R. ran the NYC Marathon on Sunday in 3:20:16 (his first time, so a PR)
- Jake L. PRed his jerk at 374# yesterday
- T-Bone hit 88kg on his snatch and 112kg on his C&J for a 200kg total
- Dee hit 90kg x 2 on his snatch
- Coach Fox hit 260# on his bench last night
Come at us in the comments or write on the white board between the bathrooms if you’ve PRed something recently so we can celebrate with you!
Registration is Open for CrossFit Hoboken’s Winter Challenge 7.0
CFSBK sends folks to the Winter Challenge each year. Please contact Coach MeLo if you sign up or have any questions, Melissa [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com. Note that this is an RX’d-only competition, so no scaling options are offered. Also, it sells out FAST, so jump on it!
Event Registration & Pricing:
Registration: Event registration is officially OPEN (click here to register)
Competitor Pricing: The registration fee for this event is $95.00 and includes a free competition t-shirt and complimentary admission to the after party at Village Pourhouse.
Spectator Pricing: Spectator tickets can be purchased and provide access to the event. CLICK HERE TO GET A SPECTATOR TICKET
Date / Time: Saturday December 6th at 9am
Location: CrossFit Hoboken located at 38 Jackson Street in Hoboken, NJ
Divisions: Men’s RX and Women’s RX WODs
Individually Scored Workouts WOD Announcements: Workout announcements begin on November 10th
Learn more and see which CFSBKers are already registered on our event page.
The Luxury Of Solitude NPR
Tunnel Vision vs. Training ADD Catalyst Athletics
Do You Know How Many Calories Are In These Alcoholic Drinks? Buzzfeed
Better All the Time: How the “performance revolution” came to athletics—and beyond The New Yorker