Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 5 pounds to last week.
Performance: 5/3/1 1 week
75% x 5
85% x 3
95% x 1+
Percentages are based off your TRAINING MAX (90% of a recent 1RM). Aim to hit 3 plus on the rep out, but save 2 reps in the tank.
Post loads to comments.
50 Push Ups
50 Box Jumps 24/20″
50 Pull Ups or Ring Rows
Post time and Rx to comments.
Check out Matt U.’s video from Fight Gone Bad 2012. We’ve got 3 days left, CFSBK! How can you get weird and up your game in the next couple days?
Fight Gone Bad Fundraising Updates
- WE’VE PASSED 50% OF OUR FUNDRAISING GOAL, AND ARE ALMOST AT 60%! The best part? Since we hit $15,000, Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Board has been matching our contributions dollar-for-dollar. You or your friend puts in $10? The Board puts in $10, doubling your impact on Brooklyn’s communities. We’re so close! There will be another surprise when we hit $35,000, and we only have three days left!
- Also, HEAT ASSIGNMENTS ARE AVAILABLE HERE! Team captains, please email your teams to keep them in the loop about when they need to be at the gym. The upstairs annex will be available all day for the two teams in the upcoming heat to warm-up.
Congrats to those teams and individually topping our leaderboards on CrowdRise! Below are our top fundraisers from both the individual and team divisions (as of 5pm Tuesday 10/14):
Top Five Teams:
- Wall Ball Me, Maybe $2,561
- Swoldiersoffortune $2,345
- Wodtoberfest $1,935
- Menace to Swolbriety $1,740
- ¿DÓNDE ESTÁN MIS PANTALONES? $1,555
Top Ten Individuals:
- Erik B. $1,170
- Peter M. $950
- Matt C. $870
- Asta F. $795
- Scott M. $730
- Michael A. $724
- Chris Y. $711
- Richard G. $700
- Asha B. $656
- Michael R. $600
Send a last-minute email to your friends and family! Maybe something like this?
Dear ______ [insert name],
I know you probably think I’m bananas for doing CrossFit, but I love it so much–largely because my gym, CrossFit South Brooklyn, is so freaking awesome and doesn’t just care about getting “swole” (defined by the Urban Dictionary as the state of being very muscular and/or buff and in good shape), but we also care about helping our neighbors in Brooklyn.
That’s why I need your help! Through this fun competition we’re doing on Saturday, we’re raising money for a local organization called Brooklyn Community Foundation. BCF supports tons of great and important programs in Brooklyn.
Donate here, and I promise to send you a photo of me drenched in sweat after I crush this workout on Saturday. Also, I’ll love you forever!
XXOO _______ [your name]
In The Dust Of This Planet Radiolab
What Near-Death Experiences Can Teach Us About Consciousness Science of Us
How to Walk Like a Ninja The Art of Manliness
Dog Teamwork Retrieving a Ball