Work up to a heavy 5 rep on the bench press.
Use spotters. No failing.
EMOM 15 Minutes:
1) 25 Kettlebell Swings 53/35
2) 15 Burpees to a 45# bumper
On the start of the first minute, perform 25 kettlebell swings, then rest until the second minute. At the start of the second minute, perform 15 burpees, then rest through the third minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.
Post loads to comments.
Our fearless Subway Series competitors yesterday at CrossFit Long Island City!
News and Notes
- CONGRATS to everyone who competed this weekend, from our Subway Series badasses, to our gentlemen in the USAPL New Jersey State Powerlifting Championship, to Pavel M. who PR-ed his NYC Triathalon time from last year by 22 minutes, in large part due to Michael O.‘s Endurance Program.
- There’s a new bundle of Lost and Found belongings, including some interestingly-shaded towels and an Elizabethan dog collar. Could today be your lucky day? Click on Photo 1 and Photo 2 to find out!
- Men’s Fitness interviewed our very own Samir C. about his CrossFit experience. Check it out: CrossFit Confessions: “I reject the militaristic aspects of CrossFit.”
- Happy birthday, David G.!
Wanna Flex on the Beach?
Mike B. and Greg A. are looking to put a team together to compete at the Flex on the Beach event on Saturday, September 13th. Teams of four athletes complete three WODs on, well, the beach. Each team consists of two men and two women, and the guys need two women for their team. Rx’d and Scaled divisions available. Additional details can be found here. Email Mike if you’re interested in competing (Michael [at] villain-llc.com).
So You Like Watching Soccer… What About Playing?
Coach Noah is organizing a crew of CFSBKers to play in another late summer/fall soccer league. There will be a fun kick-around session this Saturday (8/9) at 3pm to get a sense of interest level and discuss potential leagues to join. Email Noah [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com for more details if you’re interested.
In case you missed it, THIS happened last year when CFSBK’s soccer team, the Fighting Tacos, banded together. They didn’t have a great record (think 0-8-1), but perhaps you will be the force that changes that and elevates them to something approaching Germany’s status.
QOD: What’s on your bucket list for the remaining weeks of summer?
Why Would Anyone Want to Work Out Until They Puke? The Atlantic
Stop Failing Lifts CrossFit Invictus
The CrossFit Case for Equal Pay The Huffington Post
What Do You See When You Look in the Mirror? The Atlantic