AMRAP 21 Minutes:
21 Double Unders
7 Front Squats 185/125 (from floor)
3 Muscle Ups
AMRAP 21 Minutes:
21 Calorie Row
14 Dumbbell Front Squats
Post rounds and Rx to comments.
Many of our coaches are attending the 2014 CrossFit Games in California this week, so please make note of the following schedule changes:
Thursday 7/24 (TONIGHT): Yoga for Athletes is canceled
Saturday 7/26: Active Recovery is canceled
Sunday 7/27: Active Recovery and the Teaser class are canceled
Saturday 8/2: Active Recovery is canceled
News and Notes
- Happy birthday, Nino D.!
- Welcome back, Crystal!
- Save the Date for Fight Gone Bad 2014: This year, CFSBK’s annual fundraiser is October 18th. Anyone interested in sponsoring a prize should contact Jess at info [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com. We’ll have more info soon!
- Civilian Military Combiners: In honor of the 2014 CrossFit Games, CMC is running a discount code through Sunday night, 11:59pm EST. Use the code GAMES for $85 entry fee.
- SOFTBALL LOVERS! CFSBK’s team, the Calaveras, need at least 1 woman and 1-2 guys for their game on Monday (7/28) at 6pm, at the Red Hook ball fields. Pitching softball experience a huge plus! Email Dan H. if you’re interested, dhalioua [at] gmail.com.
Want to Learn to Do a Standing Back Flip?
Now is your chance. Join guest gymnastics coach Ken H. THIS SATURDAY as he takes you through various progressions leading up to doing standing back flips. If you participated in the previous back flip class, feel free to take this one to improve your skills.
Buy-in: Guys: Power clean 125% of your body weight; Gals: Power clean 100% of your body weight
Time: Saturday, July 26th, 2-3:30pm
The class is capped at 8 participants, so don’t think twice! Register Here!
CFSBK Classifieds Roundup
Are you keeping up with our new Classifieds forum? There are lots of great things happening over there, such as:
- Miranda B. helping to furnish almost all of the apartment now belonging to CFSBK’s new coach Jessie B. (more on JB coming soon!)
- Kim R. and Rob U. collaborating to donate Kim’s 3-D printer to PS/MS 282
- The greatness that is Si Sé Puede (a women’s cooperative cleaning service)
Head over there to post about any services you might have to offer our community, check out housing opportunities, and answer questions for fellow CFSBKers.
If you have any questions about the Classifieds, email Kate at katharine [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com. Also, if you want to delete posts, hit her up for that, too.
QOD: What music have you been listening to this week?
FOUND: A curated collection of photography from the National Geographic archives
The Longevity Gap Aeon Magazine
Mean Girl: Why the world’s best female fighter loves to be hated The New Yorker
Why Can’t We Stop Talking About ‘Bikini Bodies’? The Cut