5 Rounds for Time:
12 Deadlift 155/105
9 Hang Power Clean
Post time and Rx to comments.
News and Notes
- CSA Pickup Today, PLUS Eggs for Sale: Vegetable, flower and egg CSA pickup is today, 6-8:30pm. Look for Asta with the clipboard to pick up your goodies. Also, Herondale eggs for sale by the dozen for $6; please bring small bills.
- Want to become a real ninja and do a standing back flip? Sign up here for Ken’s back flip class THIS Saturday from 2-3:30pm.
- Love softball? CFSBK’s softball team, the Calaveras, need at least 1 woman and 1-2 guys for their game on Monday (7/28) at 6pm, at the Red Hook ball fields. Pitching softball experience a huge plus! Email Dan H. if you’re interested, dhalioua [at] gmail.com.
Veg CSA Members: Grill Party at Coach Whitney’s on Saturday! Bonus: Dogs!
Register for Strength Cycle and Get Hella Strong
We all want to get stronger. That’s because we implicitly understand that building strength is the foundation for increasing overall physical capacity. It has been proven again and again that lifting heavy primes our bodies to be more effective and efficient at metabolic conditioning workouts. Strength is the only mode of training that supports everything else we do in the gym and in life. Plus: it’s pretty badass.
We are offering four 7-week strength programs that will involve the following:
* Small group training designed to increase your competency with the lifts.
* Consistent and repeated exposure to the powerlifts along a linear progression of weight
* Short and intense complementary conditioning workouts.
* Group discussions on lifting topics including: planning warm-ups, the mental aspect of lifting, and elements of the adaptive response to strength training.
* New PRs.
Upcoming cycle times and dates:
A cycle: Mon/Wed at 7PM and Fri at 6PM | Mon July 28th – Fri Sept 12th
B cycle: Tues/Thurs at 7PM and Sun at 10AM | Tues July 29th – Sun Sep 14th
C cycle: Mon/Wed at 6:30AM | Mon July 28th – Wed Sep 10th
Cont Ed/D Cycle: Mon/Wed at 6PM | Mon July 28th – Wed Sep 10th
Each cycle will culminate in a CrossFit Total on Sunday, September 14th.
Space is limited to 4-8 participants
3x Per Week Cycles:
$260 paid upon registration and then another $260 at the halfway point
$175 paid upon registration and then another $175 at the halfway point
If anyone is confused as to which cycle they belong in or has any questions, they can contact Jeremy directly at Jeremy [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to discuss placement. ICYMI, we also interviewed Coach Jeremy a few months ago about his background and Strength Cycle. Check it out!
The Real Planet of the Apes Motherboard
How Your Recovery Relates Directly to Your Performance Breaking Muscle
For These Vegans, Masculinity Means Protecting The Planet NPR