Fitness: Mid Hang Snatch + Knee Hang Snatch
Work up to something heavy on the complex.
1) 3 Position Snatch (High Hang + Knee + Deck)
Work up to a heavy single on the 3 position snatch.
2) Snatch Pull (not a high pull) at 110% x 3 x 3
Use 110% of your 1RM snatch.
Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 5-10 pounds to last week’s weight.
Performance: 82.5% x 4 x 4, 80% x 4 x 4
Rest less than two minutes between sets.
Post loads to comments.
News and Notes
- Good luck to all our CFSBK ladies competing in HAIL TO THE QUEEN at CrossFit Queens today! These ladies will take on three grueiling WODs to see who is the Queen Bee of CrossFit!
- There is no Yoga for Athletes at 10am today.
- Check out AR with Coach David at 11am and 12pm.
- So you need something to do after the World Cup final, right? Come to pub quiz with Stella Z. tomorrow! The trivia will have nothing to do with soccer. Smart in DUMBO, 7 PM on Sunday, 68 Jay St Bar, Brooklyn.
Last Chance to Train Your Dogs at CFSBK!
Anthony Newman, New York magazine’s pick for Best Dog Trainer of 2013 and owner of Calm Energy Dog Training, is coming to CFSBK to train your dogs! But you must sign up by today by emailing Mare at mare [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com.
When: Saturday, August 2, 2014, at 2:15pm
What: a 90-minute workshop will meet at CFSBK and include obedience exercises in real-world situations, techniques for calm city walking (including a packwalk down to the local dog park), and followed by a Q&A
Where: your favorite gym
Cost: Specially-discounted cost for SBK: $55 per person/dog, which will drop to $45 if at least 10 people sign up
This event is open to CFSBK members and their friends and dogs of all sizes, provided they are basically social and non-aggressive.