Fitness: 3 x 5 Linear Progression
Add 2.5 to 5 lbs to last week.
Performance: 85% x 4 x 4, then 87.5% x 4 x 4
Rest two minutes between sets.
Post loads to comments.
AMRAP 8 minutes:
20 Wall Ball 20/10, 14/9
10 Deadlift 225/155
Register for Strength Cycle and Get Hella Strong
We all want to get stronger. That’s because we implicitly understand that building strength is the foundation for increasing overall physical capacity. It has been proven again and again that lifting heavy primes our bodies to be more effective and efficient at metabolic conditioning workouts. Strength is the only mode of training that supports everything else we do in the gym and in life. Plus: it’s pretty badass.
We are offering four 8-week strength programs that will involve the following:
* Small group training designed to increase your competency with the lifts.
* Consistent and repeated exposure to the powerlifts along a linear progression of weight
* Short and intense complementary conditioning workouts.
* Group discussions on lifting topics including: planning warm-ups, the mental aspect of lifting, and elements of the adaptive response to strength training.
* New PRs.
Upcoming cycle times and dates:
A cycle: Mon/Wed at 7PM and Fri at 6PM | Wed May 28th – Fri July 18th
B cycle: Tues/Thurs at 7PM and Sun at 10AM | Tues May 27th – Sun July 20th
C cycle: Mon/Wed at 6:30M | Wed May 28th – Wed 16th July
Cont Ed/D Cycle: Mon/Wed at 6PM | Wed May 28th – Wed 16th July
Each cycle will culminate in a CrossFit Total on Sunday, July 20th.
Space is limited to 4-8 participants
3x Per Week Cycles:
$300 paid upon registration and then another $300 at the halfway point
Sign up here!
$200 paid upon registration and then another $200 at the halfway point
Sign up here!
If anyone is confused as to which cycle they belong in or has any questions, they can contact Jeremy directly at Jeremy [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to discuss placement. ICYMI, we also interviewing Coach Jeremy a few weeks ago about his background and Strength Cycle. Check it out!
News and Notes
- “MURPH” IS ONLY A WEEK AWAY! Have you signed up yet? Get more details here!
- Our Flickr account recently has been populated by photos of Zach H., who appeared to be CrossFitting his face off in Colombia. We checked in with him to see what was up and he reported that he was in Colombia for 10 days visiting a friend. He visited five boxes total, mostly in Bogota. If you want to hear more, ask him about salsa dancing, traffic, and how hard it was to be a pescatarian.
- There’s a new post over on Inside the Affiliate called “Bridging The Gap: Using Feedback to Get Better as a CrossFit Affiliate,” about our feedback forms and some of the thinking behind this blog (!). Check it out!
If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would you pick? Feel free to invent one.