There is No Teaser Class, Comp Class or Active Recovery this weekend as David will be taking the Starting Strength Seminar with Mark Rippetoe (Coach Jess too!)
CFSBKers Sound Off
We’re gushing at all the great content being produced from our own in-house athletes. Check it out!
- Michael S, a brand new CrossFitter at CFSBK has something to say about “What To Do When You’re The Worst“
- CrossFit Veteran Vincent D was featured on ABC 7 News in their piece on “Warning For Barefoot Runners”
- “The Professor” Samir C has a blog post on the physical and psychological stress of rowing with “Row, Row, Row Your Erg (Not So Merrily However)
Fight Gone Bad Update
We have a few slots left for Fight Gone Bad in order to make full teams. If you are interested and didn’t get to sign up, please email Jess ASAP at cfsbkfgb(at)gmail(dot)com.
Everyone that signed up for Fight Gone Bad (not FGBelated) should have received an email indicating your team and teammates. If you didn’t please also email me and let me know ASAP.
Rest Day Trivia
1. Today, marmalade refers to a kind of jelly containing the fruit and rind of many kinds of fruits, but originally, around 400 years ago, the first kind of marmalade was made from what fruit that resembles a hard yellow apple?
2. In 1943, French underwater explorer Jacques Cousteau helped create an invention designed for underwater breathing, and 60’s British rock group Jethro Tull named an album after it. What is it?
3. Who was the author of the 1961 classic of science-fiction, “Stranger in a Strange Land”?
4. By what three-word phrase do we name the index used to measure the quantity of harmful particles and chemicals in the air?
5. If all the U.S. state capitals were listed in alphabetical order, the first and last on the list would be capitals of bordering states. Can you name them?
As always, no researching allowed. If you know the answers post to comments, even if someone else already answered and you didn’t read it yet!
CrossFit and GPP by Tony Leyland
Aaron O’Connell: Making sense of a visible quantum object TED