Fitness: 3-5 Warm-Up Sets then a medium heavy 3×5
Performance: Work up to a heavy single then drop back to 80%x4-10 reps
Post loads to comments.
conjugate exposure 3/6
As Many Rounds As Possible In 10 Minutes of:
21 Burpee Box Jumps 24/20″
Post time and Rx to comments.
Last Saturday the 9am crew had the pleasure of doing the Run+Dip/Push-Up WOD during the rain storm. Despite the heavy downfall everyone in class opted to still do the runs. This soaked floor is the aftermath!
News and Notes
- Hooray! We’ve got 127 people signed up for Fight Gone Bad! We’ll start making all the teams today and get you the information to sign up ASAP!
- There is No Teaser Class, Comp Class or Active Recovery this weekend as David will be taking the Starting Strength Seminar with Mark Rippetoe (Coach Jess too!)
- There are a boatload of new photos up on our Flickr page.. check them out! Also, don’t forget our Facebook page or to check in on Foursquare, if you’re so inclined. WhatupmayorGina!
- The CFSBK Book Club meeting was pushed back to 9/23 due to the Jewish Holiday. This month’s book is Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail ’72 by Hunter S. Thompson. All are welcome to attend!
- The 2012 CrossFit Games will be airing on ESPN2 all this week. Check out the schedule here.
We’ve been seeing Romanian Deadlifts this cycle on Mondays. Many have griped over sore hamstrings and inadequate grip strength for the movement. Check out Greg Everett’s article discussing the history, technique, common faults, transferability and details of the RDL.
Watch… Long Jumping
Watch… The Highland Games
Think Volley Ball is Hard? Try playing with your feet.. Watch Sepak Takraw
Ngyuen Thi Buch Thuy: ‘Just Give Me The Damn Sepak Takraw Ball’