Today’s rest day WOD is to perform 5 minutes of free writing. The topic is “How am I doing?”
You can do this on paper or on your computer. You might be surprised what comes out when you don’t allow yourself to censor or edit your thoughts.
Here are the essential rules that are often formulated for the beginners or students, often a paraphrase of Natalie Goldberg’s “Rules for Free Writing,” [ often referred as Natalie Goldberg’s first four rules of writing
- Give yourself a time limit. Write for one or ten or twenty minutes, and then stop.
- Keep your hand moving until the time is up. Do not pause to stare into space or to read what you’ve written. Write quickly but not in a hurry.
- Pay no attention to grammar, spelling, punctuation, neatness, or style. Nobody else needs to read what you produce here. The correctness and quality of what you write do not matter; the act of writing does.
- If you get off the topic or run out of ideas, keep writing anyway. If necessary, write nonsense or whatever comes into your head, or simply scribble: anything to keep the hand moving.
- If you feel bored or uncomfortable as you’re writing, ask yourself what’s bothering you and write about that.
- When the time is up, look over what you’ve written, and mark passages that contain ideas or phrases that might be worth keeping or elaborating on in a subsequent free-writing session.
Sign Up For Fight Gone Bad Today!
Today is the deadline to sign up for Fight Gone Bad 2012!! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to participate. Most of our verteran CFSBKers say that FGB is their favorite day of their CrossFit year! Come see why!
There are currently 92 people signed up for FGB2012!
Last Chance to Be a Supple Leopard
We’ve got over 100 CFSBK orders in for Kelly Starrett’s “Becoming a Supple Leopard” book. David will be placing the order on Wednesday so if you’d like to get in on the 50% wholesale discount, email him with “Leopard” in the subject line. We’ll be collecting money when the books come in.
Ho’ Brah Tacos
Check out CFSBKer Alan L’s Bay Ridge restaurant Ho’ Brah Taco Joint. Several coaches have made it down and can attest that this place is LEGIT. Currently coach Jeremy holds the top leader board spot for Tacos at 33 eaten in 24 hours. BAZ holds the second spot at 1 taco eaten. If you’re looking to make a shot at the board, why not start here! Support your local CFSBKers!