Advanced athletes may jerk from behind the neck
10 Weighted Sit Ups
20 Wall Ball
On the Wall Ball focus on consistency, breaking sets up as needed and by choosing a load that allows you to display excellent technique
Post Sit-up and Wall Ball Loads to comments.
So Long and Thanks for all the Shoes
5 members of our small tribe will be departing CFSBK soon to pursue other adventures. We thought we’d give them a little digital send off and let everyone know where they’ll be going. Everyone was asked to answer the following questions before they left:
1. Where you’re going & Why
2. When you’ll be leaving
3. How long you’ve been at CFSBK
4. Your plans for working out in your new home
1. I am leaving to move to Ft. Benning, GA for six months and then to Ft. Bragg, NC for a year. This is to attend the Special Forces Qualification Course.
2. I will be leaving on July 8.
3. I think I joined the gym in July or August of 2010.
4. I plan on using the CrossFit style gyms on post until I return to CFSBK. I can’t cheat on Shane and Fox.
1. Singaz (AKA Singapore) Why? Work opportunity for my husband and it has always been part of our grand master scheme to live around the world, London, New York, Singapore and back home to Sydney.
2. 20th July. BBQ at our house on the 16th of July, Saturday arvo, all are welcome. We just had our jungle/backyard cut back so there is room for all. Yes, there will be prawns (shrimp) on the barbie.
samantha.hay(at)gmail.com for deets
3. Just over 2 years. Class of June Foundations 2009.
4. I have been cyber stalking the crossfit gyms in Singaz, all 3 of them. 1 looks pants, but the other 2 seem decent, so I will check both of them out. I would like to keep running… ermmm… jogging outside but I am not sure about the 80% humidity, it could be a little challenging. I know there will be easy access to pools where we will be living so I am looking forward to swimming again.
Eli F and Maggie G
1) Maggie and I are getting married in July. Maggie is conducting research for her doctorate in public health. We are headed to South Africa in mid-fall for six months for said research. We’re leaving SBK a little earlier than that because we are going to live on Cape Cod for a few months waiting tables to save money.
2) We’ll be taking an XFit hiatus starting Aug. 1. Maggie’s might have already started as she was doored on her bike on Tuesday and broke her elbow. She is doing well but sad about no more XFit.
3) Maggie has been at SBK since September. I started in January. But it feels like a lifetime. A great lifetime.
4) We’ll be following XFit SBK on Cape Cod at the local gym. Once we get to Cape Town we’ll join XFit Cape Town: Africa’s Premier Crossfit Gym! http://www.capecrossfit.com/
1. I finished my residency in Physical Medicine + Rehabilitation and I start a one year fellowship in CA in November. In the meantime, I’m getting MARRIED July 9th at my parent’s farm in Maryland and I will live down there with my WIFE Neenah in the meantime.
2. I’m kind of already gone (June 30th), but my brother lives in Westchester County, so I’m hoping to make some random appearances.
3. I started @ CFSBK in the Lyceum a little before the level one cert in July ’09. I had been Crossfitting on my own for a while before that, having put together a gym in my parent’s barn. I kind of intended to take a few classes, do the cert and then go back to doing my own thing, but I got sucked into the whole good coaching/fun community thing. Leaving CFSBK is one of the hardest things about leaving Brooklyn for me, and I’ll leave it at that.
4. In Maryland, I’m going back to the barn, and I also hope to do some Masters rowing this summer. When I move to California, I will feel it out.
Thanks so to everyone for their contributions to our community! We hope everyone keeps in touch while they’re gone!