Workout of the Day
Hang Squat Clean
Perform a complete deadlift, then lower the bar to anywhere above the knee and catch it below parallel. Work up to a heavy but technically sound single. If you’re performing murph, use today more as a skill day than a heavy day.
30/24 Calorie Row
30 DB Push Presses
With one partner working at a time, move through the couplet alternating reps as desired. Similarly, if you’re doing Murph on Monday go light on the push press.
CrossFit Group Class Programming Template (WK4/9)
Lee and Steph working through the 2nd mile in Murph last year
The Hang Clean
ICYMI: Murph Details
Our 2023 Memorial Day Murph event is this Monday and here’s what you need to know if you’re participating:
- Members need to RSVP for a heat time on Zen Planner in order to perform the workout.
- Minors may not participate without prior approval.
- At the start time of your heat we’ll do a whiteboard review, discuss the movements, answer any questions and then start the workout. Any warm-up needs to be done DIY before your heat start time.
- We’ll have a few amazing members who will be running the grill and will be serving food from 10am until about 12:30. The gym will provide hamburgers and hot dogs (as well as vegan options) bread and condiments. We ask that members treat this event potluck style and bring some sides everyone can share (fruit, veggies, chips, etc). We will be providing free water and some beer as available but members are encouraged to BYOB.
- Weighted vests are first come first serve and we don’t have many, so unless you’re bringing your own we can not promise their availability.
- This is a free event and we ask that members make a donation to K9s for Warriors, an incredible organization that trains support dogs for veterans with PTSD. You can do that via the link or onsite on Monday.
- We recommend members take any training 2-3 days prior to Murph light or off and show up Monday well hydrated, rested and fed.
- Curious what scaling options are? Check out this article from a few days ago.
- Finally, want to learn more about this workout, Lt. Michael Murphy and some context around the holiday? Check out this great video from former CFSBK coach Noah Abbot, current owner of Lumos Fitness Collective in Austin, TX.
Leave a Reply