Workout of the Day
GYMNASTICS HS B
15:00 for Quality
A1: 5-10 Box Pike Walk Ins + Taps
A2: 10-20 Seated Recline Tuck-Ups
A3: 5-10e ATG Split Squats
E2MOM x 10 Sets
1 Clean & Split Jerk
Athletes may choose to either power or squat clean. See the example below for what these 10 sets might look like for you:
1 45lbs (easy)
2 55lbs (easy)
3 65lbs (easy)
4 75lbs (medium)
5 95lbs (good but not perfect)
6 95lbs (better)
7 110lbs (good but not perfect)
8 110lbs (good but not perfect)
9 110lbs (better)
10 115lbs (weee)
DB Shoulder Presses
Choose one assistance exercise based on how you feel and which days you’ve come in. If you have not been to the gym much this week you can do both.
The first set should be easy, the second set should be more challenging but still doable and the final set should go to true muscular failure.
CrossFit Group Class Programming Template (WK3/8)
Casey working his ATG Split Squat.
ATG Split Squats
Intention: To develop end range strength, stability and flexibility in the knee, ankle and hip.
Points of performance:
– Push the front knee as far forward as possible while keeping the knee and toe angles aligned.
– Keep the front heel down, elevate the leg with a small elevation and/or heel riser as needed
– Keep the torso as vertical as possible
– Keep the back knee off the floor and as straight as possible, this will create a gnarly hip extension stretch in the back leg
– Maximise the contact between the hamstring and calf of the front leg