Workout of the Day
A1. Split Stance Barbell RDL @ 30×1
4 x 6-8 each side
A2. DB Glute Bridge Floor Press @ 30×1
4 x 8-12
These 4 sets can be progressive. Rest as needed between exercises, about 45-75 sec.
30 Strict Chin Ups
60 Walking Lunges
90/70 Cal Bike
20 Strict Chin Ups
40 Walking Lunges
60/50 Cal Bike
10 Strict Chin Ups
20 Walking Lunges
30/25 Cal Bike
If you finish what’s written before 18 minutes… start back at the top, team!
Work prescribed is total reps accumulated between both partners. Chip through and divide the work evenly, switching off as needed.
If you do not have bodyweight chin ups yet, use a band that allows you to do 5-7 reps with a mature chin-over-bar finish at a time when fresh.
CrossFit Open Theme Weeks & The Extracurricular Open
Now onto the fun stuff! CFSBK will spice up the Open with Theme Weeks and the Extracurricular Open. If there’s gear to wear, rock it at Friday night Fever or Saturday classes through the Open.
- Week 1: CFSBK (Evil) Spirit Week! A sea of darkness known as CFSBK imposes over the Open on week one! Wear all black and if you have a black CFSBK Skull and Bones shirt, rock it!
- Week 2: Rainbow Explosion Week! Wear alllll the colors and patterns! This is your week to channel your inner Coach Katie and rock the flashiest or loudest gym wear you have.
- Week 3: Arts & Crafts Week! Draw a coach! We’ll provide paper and art supplies for you to draw a CFSBK coach and we’ll post them all at the front of the gym!
The Extracurricular Open
Weekly challenges for members to flex their creative muscles through the Open!
- Week 1: CrossFit Open Haiku “The CrossFit Open. Poetry and sweat abound. Can you lift our souls?”
- Week 2: Best Dressed In connection with Rainbow Explosion week, who was the most EXTRA?!
- Week 3: Dress like a coach! Break out the fake tattoos and No Bulls to do some CFSBK cosplay.
The winner of each week’s Extracurricular Open receives 5 extra classes or 2 CFSBK clothing items of their choice! Winners will be determined by a secret cabal at the top of CFSBK. Only individuals who are officially registered for the Open through CrossFit are eligible for prizes