3 Rounds for Times:
30 Russian Kettlebell Swings 24/16kg
15 Burpee-Box Jumps 24/20″
Rest 5 minutes between rounds.
Aim for consistent efforts, to within a few seconds each round. In particular, aim to maintain a consistent stroke rating and split on the Rows. Modify to a No-Push-Up Burpee and/or scale box height as needed. The kettlebell load should be medium-heavy, unbroken or purposefully broken up into 2-3 quick sets.
Post times and Rx to comments.
Week 5 of 6
TONIGHT: CFSBK Community Potluck
Tonight’s the night. The Community Potluck is TONIGHT from 7pm to 10pm! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Here’s the schedule for the evening:
7:00pm Doors open
7:30pm Dinner served
9:00pm Karaoke begins
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
We can’t wait to see you there. Bring your family and friends!
Do CBD Lotions and Balms Work? Outside
The Definitive List of 2020 CrossFit Games Qualifiers Morning Chalk Up