Every 2:00 Seconds for 7 Sets:
2 x 3 Position Segmented Power Snatch
1″>Below The Knee>Mid Hang. This is a power snatch performed from the floor with 3 pauses on the way up. Aim to begin at about 65% and add weight as able with no misses. Stay tight these crisp, focusing on timing and speed. Press outs are misses. If you miss any set you must drop weight.
Post loads to comments.
Week 5 of 6
5 Rounds or 20 Minutes:
20 Alternating No-Push-Up Renegade Rows
10 Single-Arm Kettlebell High Pulls
:20e Split Stance Pallof Hold
Post work to comments.
Oumou S. works her way through a set of Half Kneeling Filly Presses last week. Check out more recent photos by Aaron W. on our Flickr account!
This Saturday: CFSBK Community Potluck!
One of our biggest and best events of the year is less than a week away! This year’s Community Potluck goes down this Saturday, February 8th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
Get your heavy-duty plates ready. We can’t wait to see you there!
Monkey Mind Zen Habits
The History of the StairMaster Smithsonian