A1) Half Kneeling Filly Press:
3 x 5e @ 3011
The racked kettlebell does not have to increase week to week, but choose a challenging load.
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Go a little heavier than last week if you can on both the press and the racked load. If you cannot use a heavier load for the presses then use the same load as last week and increase the tempo with a hold for :02 overhead.
3 x 5 @ 3111
Add weight to last week. Note the tempo has a 1 second pause on the floor, no touch-and-go.
Post loads to comments.
Week 4 of 6
3 Rounds for Time:
15 Thrusters 95/65
Modify the Toes-to-Bars to Hanging Leg or Knee Raises or Sit-Ups as needed. The Thruster load should be light-medium for you unbroken on the fast end. Modify the Burpees to No-Push-Up and/or to step out-step in as needed. Consider your capacity/endurance for each movement and have a plan for how you should pace the entire workout.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Wanna know what Coach Keith will sing at karaoke this year? You’ll have to come to the Potluck!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. This year’s Community Potluck goes down next Saturday, February 8th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. Learn more and let us know what you’re bringing on the event page!
2. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. The Wim Hof Fundamentals Workshop returns to CFSBK this Sunday, February 2nd! There are still some spots left!
3. Did you know that our CFSBK Kids program offers birthday parties? We offer hour-and-a-half events for kids of all ages! Each party consists of an hour of age appropriate activities, followed by a half-hour during which the parents can do food/cake and kids can do a little controlled free play afterwards. On Monday, we posted some parent testimonials.
4. Missing something? Maybe a shirt or a jump rope or a dozen water bottles? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim your stuff before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks!
5. On Tuesday, we reposted Coach David’s thoughts on CrossFit and travel.
6. CFSBKer Clay Ross’s band Ranky Tanky just won a GRAMMY for Best Regional Roots Music Album. Congrats, Clay!
How to Fit Exercise into Every Day Breaking Muscle
The Nerf Football Has Been Inspiring Backyard Championships Since 1972 Smithsonian