A) Front Squat:
3 x 8 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Aim to add a few lbs to last week.
3 x 8 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Add resistance or use band assistance that allows you to perform the reps at the prescribed tempo. As an alternative, perform Tall Kneeling Band Pulldowns. Keep your neck neutral and avoid “chinning” yourself over the bar. Instead, keep the focus on the lats by pulling the elbows back and down toward the hips. The cue to “pull the bar/band to your sternum” may be helpful here.
Post loads to comments.
Week 2 of 6
5 Rounds for Time:
20 Alternating Dumbbell Power Snatches 50/35
10 Box Jumps 24/20″
10 Calorie Row
The dumbbell should be medium heavy for you, something you could do unbroken.
Post time and Rx to comments.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. The Wim Hof Fundamentals workshop returns to CFSBK on Sunday, February 2nd!
2. Did you know that we have an in-house Chiropractor on the 2nd floor of 597 Degraw? Dr. Jason Fidler is a licensed Chiropractor and holds a doctorate from New York Chiropractic College. Since 2006, Dr. Fidler has held full spine Active Release and Kinesio taping certifications, two very effective and sought-after physical treatment protocols. He has been serving members of CrossFit South Brooklyn and the greater New York City community for over ten years. Check out Tuesday’s post for more info!
3. A message from Richard G., whose band has some upcoming gigs: “The L Train Brass Band is playing all month at the Queens Brewery in Ridgewood. This is preparation for our trip to Nola February 7th, and marching in Krewe Delusion on Feb 8th at 7pm. The Queens Brewery gigs are Saturday, January 18th, Saturday, January 25th, and Friday, January 31st.”
4. This year’s Community Potluck goes down Saturday, February 8th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. Learn more and let us know what you’re bringing on the event page!
5. Today’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.
The Absurdity of Prohibiting Protest at the Olympics Outside
7 Benefits of Swimming and How to Get Them Scientific American