A1) Half Kneeling Filly Press:
3 x 8e @ 3011
The racked kettlebell does not have to increase week to week, but choose a challenging load.
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Aim to go a little heavier than last week.
3 x 8 @ 3111
Note the tempo has a 1 second pause on the floor, no touch-and-go. Aim to go a little heavier than last week.
Post loads to comments.
Week 2 of 6
Every Minute on the Minute x 12 Minutes:
1) 40 Double-Unders
2) 8 Burpees
Aim for consistent times, with the goal being to complete each minutes work in under :30. Modify the Dubs to Alternating Foot Steps or Singles and the Burpees to No-Push-Up as needed.
Post work to comments.
Last Day to Register for the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge!
The 2020 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, our annual 10-week challenge meant as a collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits in the new year, started this week! We hope to help you in making some healthy changes to your diet and lifestyle in the coming months, and encourage you to help one another via community support. In signing up you’ve set an intention to act, and taken a small step toward the work involved to become an even better you during the year ahead. Our goal and sincerest hope is that you will use the challenge for create some structure around developing a few sustainable habits that will become part of your life for the long haul.
If you haven’t signed up yet, there’s still time to climb aboard the Challenge train! Complete the following steps by tonight at midnight to join us in developing healthier habits:
- Read the Challenge Overview
- Choose Level 1 or Level 2. Not sure? Choose Level 1. Most of us are Level 1 eaters!
- Register at the front desk or in the CFSBK Online Store.
- Sign your name on the big sign up sheet on the side of the fridge at 597 to tell everyone (including you) you’re in!
- Fill out the Pre-Challenge Entry Form
- Complete the Capacity WOD (which was programmed on 1/11/20, but can be made up) and record your score or record some other performance metric of your choice.
- Set up your Tracker (Be sure to read the instructions. If you have any trouble, please email me or see front desk staff for help!).
- Join the Facebook Group (search 2020 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge) to keep up with LFPB Challenge happenings and helpful discussions.
Active Recovery Cancelled Sunday
This Sunday’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.
7 Team USA Weightlifters Share Their Favorite Accessory Exercises BarBend
Greg Glassman’s Easy Healthcare Fix: More CrossFit Outside