3 x 8 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.”
3 x 8 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Add resistance or use band assistance that allows you to perform the reps at the prescribed tempo. As an alternative, perform Tall Kneeling Band Pulldowns. Keep your neck neutral and avoid “chinning” yourself over the bar. Instead, keep the focus on the lats by pulling the elbows back and down toward the hips. The cue to “pull the bar/band to your sternum” may be helpful here.
Post loads to comments.
Week 1 of 6
3 Rounds for Time:
15 Power Cleans 135/95
The bar should be medium heavy for you, something you could do at least a few touch and go reps with. Modify the Dubs to Alternating Foot Steps or 2x Singles as needed.
Post time and Rx to comments.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Join Sasha Slocombe and CFSBK Coach Chris Fox TONIGHT from 7pm – 8:30pm and start off 2020 with intention. By developing a connection between the body and breath, you’ll be able to come back to the breath when difficult times arise whether in yoga, CrossFit, or life. Intention setting is more than making resolutions, more than wishing and hoping for things to change. What do you actually need to do to get there? What can you realistically do today that moves you closer to where you want to be? You’ll set an intention for action as you move forward into the coming year and beyond. Head over to the event page to learn more.
2. This workshop coincides with the start of the 2020 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, our annual 10-week challenge meant as a collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits in the new year. In other words, the Challenge starts TODAY. What are you waiting for? Sign up HERE!
3. Our new 6-week training cycle kicked off this week! Check out Monday’s post to find out what you can expect in our CrossFit group classes into February.
4. On Tuesday, we caught you up on CFSBKer Captain Kurt Jamora’s work with CrossFit 11th Parallel in Somalia. Kurt will be back at the gym at the end of January. Be sure to give him a warm welcome home when you see him!
5. Tom Shpetner (who you may know as one of our grillmasters) is quoted in this Town & Country article on the best foods to pair with champagne. Now you know who to ask about wine!
6. Emily Asher (who you may have seen performing at our recent CFSBK Art Show) is recording an album next month and is doing a crowdfunding campaign for it. Her band Emily Asher’s Garden Party plans to make a new album of hot jazz and songs inspired by the Southern Sun. The funding period starts now and ends on February 9th at 8pm EST. Go HERE to support a CFSBK musician!
The Minimum Effective Dose of Training Starting Strength
Exercising with Human Reddit (video)