The “4121” tempo we’re using on strength work this cycle would be NO JOKE for Dips, even at just bodyweight. Still, make sure to go slower on the down than the up on these. Use band assistance as appropriate or scale to a leg assisted box version to complete the sets unbroken. Similarly, add weight or use less assistance as appropriate.
A2) Romanian Deadlift:
3 x 8-10 @ 4121
Increase weight slightly from last week if able.
Rest :30 between movements, 1:00 between sets.
Post work to comments.
Week 6 of 6
AMRAP 12 Minutes:
16 Russian Kettlebell Swings 32/24kg
8 Box Jumps 24/20″
4 Handstand Push-Ups
The kettlebell should be on the heavier side for you but unbroken on the fast end. Box Jumps are a two foot take off and landing. When modifying them, bias jumping to a lower box rather than stepping to the “Rx’d” height. Be sure to fully extend under control atop the box for each rep. Kipping is allowed on the Handstand Push-Ups. The buy-in for Kipping them is the ability to perform 3 strict reps at a controlled tempo with no crashing on your skull. Modify to Box Pike HSPU or to heavy-ish Dumbbell Push Presses as appropriate.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
Emma L.’s work on display at last weekend’s 6th CFSBK Art Show. In case you missed it, you can see more photos on our Flickr account!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Over the last 12 years, we’ve been here to help you get your fitness on over the holidays. This year is no different! Head over to the Schedule page to find out what you can expect for Christmas next week.
2. Join Sasha Slocombe and CFSBK Coach Chris Fox from 7pm – 8:30pm on Sunday, January 12th for a New Year’s Yoga, Mindfulness, and Intention Setting Workshop. By developing a connection between the body and breath, you’ll be able to come back to the breath when difficult times arise whether in yoga, CrossFit, or life. Learn more and sign up on the event page!
3. Psst, do you subscribe to our newsletter? Please do to get monthly updates on general gym happenings, blog highlights, and programming info. Our winter edition drops soon. Sign up HERE or via the link on the sidebar to the right!
4. Missing something? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim you stuff before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
5. In the days leading up to the new year, we’ll be revisiting some of our favorite blog content from the past year in our 2019 Best of the Blog feature. This week we looked back on our Athletes of the Month and the year in CFSBK photos.
6. This Sunday’s 12pm Pilates class is cancelled.
Rob Kearney: Competing Against Giants and Being an Openly Gay Strongman BarBend
Training as a Masters Athlete Training Think Tank