A1) Dumbbell Lat Pullovers:
3 x 8-10 @ 4121
A2) Landmine Rotations:
3 x 8-10 @ 4121
Add weight to last week as able. Rest :30 between movements, 1:00 between sets.
Post loads to comments.
Week 5 of 6
Every Minute on the Minute x 20 (4e):
1) 10/7 Cal Air Bike
2) 50′ Single Arm Farmer Carry, Left
3) 50′ Single Arm Farmer Carry, Right
4) 10 Slam Ball
5) :30 Prone Plank
Each round should be challenging and completed under 30 seconds (or thereabout). Build in load on the carries as able while staying braced and holding an upright torso. Sprint the Slam Balls, focusing on rhythm and catching on the bounce. Modify the plank by shortening the time as needed, making your lever longer by setting up with elbows further from your shoulders, or doing them on the rings as appropriate.
Post work to comments.
The 2020 Dogs of CFSBK calendar features your favorite gym mutts! All proceeds go to @pupstarzrescue, a foster rescue started by our own Robyn O’Brien. PupStarz is a non-profit, 501(c)3, no-kill, volunteer dog rescue serving New York City and the Tri-State area. The wall calendar is available for a sliding scale donation of $30-60 or more. A limited number of calendars are on their way to the gym but they are sure to run out quick. The deadline for orders is tomorrow, December 16th. Go HERE to get one! | Photo by Aaron W.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Thanks to everyone who came out to CFSBK’s 6th Art Show last night! We’ll have photos from the evening soon.
2. Congrats to our December Athlete of the Month, Erika M.! Check out Tuesday’s post to learn more about our final AOM of 2019.
3. On Wednesday, Coach David offered interesting insights on the recent New York Times exposé the working conditions at Equinox.
4. A note from Lisa F. on an upcoming sublet: “I will be in the Canadian Rockies for a few months and my place is available for sublet, fully furnished (as soon as December 20th and for as late as April 15). 1 bdrm in Ditmas Park. Rent including all utilities is $1999, but I’m happy to meet the budget of CFSBKers or CFSBK friends who are looking for a place for at least 3 months. More details here or email Lisa at lisafarlow [at] gmail.com.”
5. Join Sasha Slocombe and CFSBK Coach Chris Fox from 7pm – 8:30pm on Sunday, January 12th for a New Year’s Yoga, Mindfulness, and Intention Setting Workshop. By developing a connection between the body and breath, you’ll be able to come back to the breath when difficult times arise whether in yoga, CrossFit, or life. Learn more and sign up on the event page!
6. Missing something? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim you stuff before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
7. Today’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.
Top 12 Things Every Woman Should Know About Strength Training Girls Gone Strong
Diabetes: Have We Got It All Wrong? CrossFit