A1) Barbell Suitcase Deadlift:
5 x 3
Build to a heavy triple.
A2) Tall Kneeling Single-Arm Dumbbell Press:
5 x 5
Build to a heavy set of 5 on each side.
Post loads to comments.
20 Bicep Curls
:30 Hollow Hold
No rest between movements.
Post work to comments.
In case you missed it, photos from last weekend’s Starting Strength Program Total are up on our Flickr account. Relive the PRs!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Registration for new cycles of our classic Starting Strength Program opened this week. Most of these are sold out, but there are still some spots left in the A and E cycles. Go HERE to learn more and sign up.
2. Interested in Active Life Strength but not sure what it’s all about? Coach Keith is offering a free 1 hour session this Tuesday, July 23rd at 11am to discuss the details of the program. He will also provide free mobility and strength assessments as a sample of what you can expect to see in the class. Register HERE!
3. PupStarz Rescue invites everyone to get into a different kind of “beast mode” on Saturday, July 27th, right here at CrossFit South Brooklyn. They will be bringing adorable and adoptable pups for meet and greets.
4. Behind the Desk returned on Wednesday with a profile of pro photographer and newish member of our front desk staff Aaron W. Say, “Hey, sup dude” (or something along those lines) next time you see him!
5. Today’s gonna be another hot one. Check out yesterday’s tips for working out safely in the heat and humidity.
6. 11am Active Recovery is cancelled today.
7. 12pm Pilates is cancelled today.
8. Today’s Free Intro Class is cancelled.
How Does the Body Make Vitamin D from Sunlight? JSTOR Daily
I’m Good Right Now The Players’ Tribune