Join us for these free 30-minute classes as we begin our day together with a small dose of mindfulness. Each session begins with descriptions of the specific techniques we’ll use that day, some breath work followed by a brief mindfulness meditation, and ends with a few minutes for questions/comments/group share. No previous experience at all is required. If you’ve been “contemplative curious”, this can be a great place to start. If you’re a seasoned sitter, use it as a nice bump to your existing practice.
Meditation is for anyone, anywhere, though there are a few considerations that can help make for a more enjoyable experience.
- Find a comfortable position. This can be seated on the floor, on a cushion, in a chair, lying down, and even standing. If you need to lean against a wall or the back of a couch then do so without feeling like it’s wrong. There’s no one perfect “meditator’s posture”. Whatever allows you to be comfortable and alert is what’s best for that day. This link from Insight Meditation Center on the topic offers some helpful guidance.
- Log in and set up a few minutes early to get comfortable if possible.
- Have a layer handy to put on in case you become cold.
- If possible, set up somewhere where you won’t be disturbed for the length of class.
- If you do become disturbed by a pet/kid/spouse/roomie/neighbor/garbage truck/etc, smile.
Looking forward to seeing you!