Give your kids the gifts of fun and fitness with our CrossFit Kids program
Mauricio A. on the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge
We've been plugging the 2017 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge a lot over the past couple of weeks, and for good reason! It's one of our most popular, successful programs of the year. But the best way to get a sense of how the Challenge helps our members establish healthier habits in the New Year is to hear from past participants. Here's Mauricio A., one of the winners of last year's Challenge, on how it has affected him:
I’m glad to see the LFPBC is back for 2017. For those thinking about participating – DO IT! I can honestly say you are in for a lifestyle changing experience.
Here’s what happened to me during the 3 months:
- Weight: I went from 206Lbs to 190Lbs in those 3 months.
- Food: I went from poor eating to healthy 3 to 5 small meals per day.
- Drinking: I went from a beer a day to 1 to 2 drinks per week.
- Supplements: I went from zero to a daily vitamin and fish oil
- Sleep: I always sleep 8+ hours, so not a ton changed with sleep. That said, chances are you will see better sleeping habits.
- Water: same as sleep. I’m pretty good at keeping hydrated.
The challenge is 3 months, and for some it might be a long time. 3 months is the perfect time for your body and mind to get used to a new lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise. I was able to keep up with it, and today I’m currently at 183lbs and in better shape than when I was 20.
The best part of the challenge: you really don’t have to do much. Fox programs the entire thing, provides a tracking document, and all meeting are designed and organized to help you with your goals.
Oh, and you can win stuff!
Thanks, Mo! What are you waiting for? Sign up with $30 cash at the front desk!
News and Notes
- Starting Saturday, we'll be running on a modified schedule for the holidays. You can always find our 2016-17 holiday schedule on the Class Schedule page.
- Speaking of the holidays, we celebrated Festivus over on our Instagram account. Want to give Coach David the greatest gift of all (other than a donation to The Human Fund)? Help us get to 4,000 followers by the end of the day!
Yesterday's Whiteboard: Push Press / T2Bs | Farmer Carries
What Does a Human Taste Like? Scientific American
These Are Essential Movements CrossFit