If you find yourself skipping out on the gym or modifying movements due to nagging aches and pains, then IronWorks is the right fit for you. Under the watchful eye of coach Katie, our in-house physical therapist, this program will focus on rehabilitation and performance simultaneously. She believes that training injured athletes to return to sport should be a systematic process that is tailored to the individual. Every participant can expect corrective strength balance work while safely resting their respective injury. In working with hundreds of clients over the last decade, Katie has established clear strength benchmarks that indicate an athlete’s preparedness to deadlift, run, press overhead, and so on. By following IronWorks, athletes will gain this objective knowledge and return to sport stronger and more confident than before.
What: 60 min semi-private personal training, 2x/week. Carefully planned programming provided to allow injured persons to train without worry. Similar to a regular personal training session, IronWorks will have a unique programming cycle. Based on movement screening and strength testing, folks attending class will follow an individualized strength cycle with pain-free scaling options alongside a group conditioning piece.
~30 min dedicated warmup/strength, ~30 min conditioning as a group
Upper Body Press/Squat Day
Upper Body Pull/Hinge Day
When: 8-9am Tue/Thurs at 608
Who: Anyone, really! Although Katie specializes in training injured individuals, she will always be able to help you reach your goals! Capped at 6 people.
Cost: $650/mo ($75/class, 8-9 classes per mo)
- What if I can’t make it to a class, will a session be wasted? No! You may drop in at open gym to complete your missed day at another time that week
- What if I can only make one day, but really want to sign up? You may do one day per week in person and drop in at open gym to complete your missed day at another time that week.
- What if I want to train more than 2x/week? I am a regular group class member and am looking to get a little more time in the gym. If you are registered with this monthly program, you are allowed up to 2 extra group class drop ins per week.
- If I am too nervous to take a group class while I am nursing an injury, but still want to train in the gym more than 2x/week, what are my options? You are allowed up to 2 drop ins to open gym per week! As per request, coach Katie will provide additional programming days at a cost of $50-100 for 1-2x/week respectively.
- I’m interested! When do I start? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you’re interested.
I hurt my shoulder a few years back. It was an injury which should have kept me out of the gym for a couple of months. I ended up taking a couple of sessions with Katie. She recognized the nature of my injury and created a detailed set of guidelines and modifications that allowed me to return to classes within 2 weeks, while still rehabbing my shoulder. I will be forever grateful for that. I can definitely vouch for her expertise in this area. -Gene K