CrossFit South Brooklyn is excited to offer Diapers & Dumbbells, a prenatal & postpartum fitness class designed to help new parents and care givers safely return to exercise, connect with other parents, and develop the strength they need to support their growing babies. This is a one-hour class that focuses on pregnancy appropriate fitness and includes time for socializing with other parents and their babies. Diapers & Dumbbells provides a supportive environment and is appropriate for individuals with or without previous CrossFit experience. Classes are open to mothers (and partners) of all fitness levels and their pre-walking babies. We provide staffed child care in the same space for the duration of the class. This is an opportunity to work on your fitness while we keep an eye on your baby just steps away!
Days & Times
Our facility includes changing rooms that may serve as a private nursing, pumping, or diaper-changing station.
- Class size is limited and RSVPs are required.
- To log in to your Zen Planner (ZP) account we strongly encourage you to download the member app; however, you can also go here to sign in.
- Once you log in, the page will default on your Profile page. Any active memberships will be displayed here.
- To register for a class you will go to Calendar and click into the class you want to reserve. If you have a membership that can be applied towards this class the blue “reserve” button will appear on the right side of the page. Clicking this button will add you into the class with your membership.
- If you want to see the classes you are registered for you can view this on the calendar or on your profile page. Classes you are reserved for will display with a star on the class. Or if you go to your profile page, under reservations to see them all displayed in list view.
- Members will be allowed to register for classes up to 7 days in advance. Members also have the option to cancel the class via ZP without penalty as long as it’s 6hrs before class starts.
- Questions?? Contact us here!
What to Bring:
Along with yourself and your baby, we recommend that you bring your typical baby changing supplies as well as a blanket to lay your baby on. We suggest bringing your baby to the class in a stroller so that they can be comfortable and easily wheeled around the gym during class.
How soon postpartum should I be before coming?
This class is appropriate for mothers who have been cleared for exercise by their doctors and are at least 5 weeks postpartum. Our coaches are familiar with the special considerations of postpartum trainees and we encourage you to contact us with any questions or considerations you might have!
Who Teaches this class?
This program is taught by CFSBK owner David Osorio and the babies are cared for by Sasha Slocombe. David has worked with prenatal and postpartum members for the past 15 years. He also helped developed this program which we launched in 2017 and co-authored the CrossFit Coach’s Guide to Training Pregnant Women. Sasha has worked with families as a parent-baby yoga teacher for over 20 years and as a labor-support doula for 10 years. Her three children are her greatest teachers.