Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
With just over a week to go until Fight Gone Bad 2018, we’ve raised $7,180 for Brooklyn Community Foundation. Donate HERE to help us get closer to our $25,000 goal!
1. Don’t forget that our top individual fundraisers will receive prizes from our generous sponsors: Brooklyn Brewery, Bareburger, Threes Brewing, Ample Hills, Shake Shack, Cafe Grumpy, ThirteenFit Apparel, Puori Supplements, Littlefield, Bear Komplex, Kick Axe, CrossFit Linchpin, Chameleon Coffee, Left Bank Restaurant, Fleishers, Abbotsford Road Coffee, Hungry Ghost, Respect Your Universe, Slant Shack Jerky, Herondale Farm, and Lululemon.
2. Want to win some of those prizes? Yesterday we posted an email template you can use to reach your friends and family. Now’s a great time to send it out!
3. Our new training cycle kicked off this week. Check out Monday’s post to find out what you can expect in our CrossFit group classes over the next 8 weeks.
4. Get out of pain, stay out of pain, strengthen your weaknesses, and improve mobility and movement patterns, all while getting stronger! An evening edition of Coach Keith’s popular Active Life Strength class starts this Monday, October 15th. On Tuesday, we posted an interview with Keith to help you get to know this new class offering a little better.
5. Want to get better on the rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts. The workshop features longtime CrossFit proponent and 1992 U.S. Olympian Buddy Lee, who is widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost jump-rope authorities. Go HERE to learn more and sign up!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Push Press | Double-Unders, Hollow Rocks, Pull-Ups
Calm Down… It’s Supposed to Feel Heavy Catalyst Athletics
CrossFit Firms Up Games Changes Morning Chalk Up