This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. More good stuff happening at the gym this weekend: We are hosting a kids’ clothing swap from 2 to 6pm tomorrow. We are encouraging parents to bring in their children’s clothing to pass on to other member’s of the CFSBK community. Any and all clothes for children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers are welcome. Feel free to bring your clothes, place them in the appropriate area designated by age range, and then do a little browsing for yourself! Any clothes that are not taken by the end of the day will be donated to Urban Strategies Maternity Shelter.
2. Cam C. will be competing in the Pull for Pride this Saturday, June 16th at CrossFit Crow Hill! The Pull for Pride is a Deadlift-only event benefiting the Ali Forney Center, whose mission is to protect LGBTQ youths from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently. Go here to sponsor Cam! Or, even better, stop by Crow Hill to cheer her on!
3. On Tuesday, Amanda M. gave us a report from the 2018 Crow Hill Open weightlifting competition. Here’s a lil snippet: “The first thing that struck me is a that I am a really different person physically. I don’t have any random aches in my back or wrists. Just being strong and healthy makes me feel very fortunate. So much of the last year has been about proving to myself that I don’t need to put a ceiling on how much I can grow.”
4. Our members are up to so much cool stuff. On Wednesday, we told you about some of that stuff. Tell us if you, too, are up to cool stuff, and we’ll post it on the blog for everyone to see!
5. New cycles of our Fundamentals and Level 2 Brazilian jiu jitsu classes start Sunday! There are still a few spots left in each class. Go here for more info and to register.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | Deadlift, Burpees, Push Presses
Exercise vs. Standing? You Probably Need to Do Both NY Times
How a 4-Time American Ninja Warrior Trains for Victory BarBend